Ruby R749 any comments?

celticlady

We've stayed in R751 and it was smaller than a standard balcony. It was still large enough for two to sit comfortably though and I didn't mind the size because it was an aft balcony.

I never actually saw the entire balcony for R749, but I do know that it is very open and exposed to the entire Terrace Pool area. In fact, from what I did see, it's kind of like sharing your balcony with the entire Terrace Pool! Do a search on these boards. Someone has some good pics posted that will give you an idea of how exposed it it.

We checked out these balconies from the Terrace Pool, as we had decided not to take one of these, and stay in our larger, half covered, caribe.

Yes, the above post is correct.

These balconies are smaller.

These balconies are right there at the Terrace Pool.

And, for me, since the way they are situated, up on Riviera, and out from the back of the ship, it would feel like I was kind of 'hanging' up there. NICE view of the wake!

If you really want an aft balcony, and would like being right there at the Terrace Pool... go for it. If you are like me, and wanted a bit more semi-private setting and have some vertigo... I was glad we stayed in our original stateroom with the larger half-covered balcony on Caribe.

Hope this helps!

Archived