Need a bit of direction on travel insurance :-(

pudy68

Has anyone purchased travel insurance more than a month after making a deposit, but before final payment, that still offers Existing Medical Condition waivers? I'm looking through all of the options at Insure my trip . com but I find myself feeling overwhelmed with all of the "small print". [i'm looking for a plan that allows for trip cancellation due to existing medical conditions for my parents. Any advice?]

Thanks!

Has anyone purchased travel insurance more than a month after making a deposit, but before final payment, that still offers Existing Medical Condition waivers? I'm looking through all of the options at Insure my trip . com but I find myself feeling overwhelmed with all of the "small print". [i'm looking for a plan that allows for trip cancellation due to existing medical conditions for my parents. Any advice?]

Thanks!

There is a telephone number on the site that you can call and actually talk to someone. Or try calling a travel agent in your area. I personally don't know of any. Most of them require that sort of coverage to be bought within weeks of booking.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, reading the fine print is part of buying any insurance policy. However, you can ease the process by going to Insuremytrip, enter the vital details, then select "coverage" followed by "pre-ex waiver":

http://www.insuremytrip.com/

There is a telephone number on the site that you can call and actually talk to someone. Or try calling a travel agent in your area. I personally don't know of any. Most of them require that sort of coverage to be bought within weeks of booking.

My Travel Agent offers a policy through Access America that can be bought at final payment that covers pre-existing conditions. Though, you have to book the cruise with this specific agency to get this option. It sure has made life a whole lot easier since her agency offers this.

Thanks!

There are policies such as Princess that allows look back periods. For example, if your parents have been stable and not have a change in their condition over the previous time period - many times 60 days (meds, etc..), they can buy Princess insurance (pay for it now as opposed to final payment) and have their condition covered. Other policies also offer this.

My Travel Agent offers a policy through Access America that can be bought at final payment that covers pre-existing conditions. Though, you have to book the cruise with this specific agency to get this option. It sure has made life a whole lot easier since her agency offers this.

Yes that does make it very nice. But there is still that 'look back' period attached to the policy, I think it was 60 days (I was told). ;)

I also like tripinsurancestore.com Are your parents going on the cruise? If not, look at the policies carefully as a few do NOT apply the pre-ex exclusion to non-travelling family members; Princess is one. If they are travelling, the CSA policy at the mentioned website will likely cover your needs.

Archived