Lord of the Glens

I see that no-one has answered your query with first-hand experience. You don't say which cruise you're going on . Have you looked at their own website for answers?

Thanks for your response - we embark on 6/9/11 in Kyle for an 8 day cruise ending in Inverness. Had checked the web site and am hoping for some first hand observations. We have travelled with Lindblad a number of times, but this is a different kind of trip.

My wife and took this Lindblad cruise on the Lord of the Glens 3 yrs ago and had a great time. The ship is very nice with a great hotel staff. We thought the cabin, 203, was very comfortable although the bathroom was a little tight but it was certainly adequate.

The passengers were all US and tended to be 40+. There were no children on our cruise. The pace is very relaxed and the dress is informal. I don't recall seeing any of the males ever wear a tie.

The food was very good but very european. Breakfast was a buffet with the usual and lunch was often also a buffet and dinner usually had a choice of 3 entrees. No room service. There is a small bar.

There is no formal entertainmet in the eve. except for a couple of special programs.

We had overall good weather for our cruise. I usually wore a long sleeve shirt with a waterproof parka shell. On a couple of eve. I wore a fleece and was very comfortable.

Your feedback is very helpful - we have been on a number of Lindblad trips but this is the first one on a boat not in the Lindblad fleet. We are combining it with the Wales pre-cruise along with a couple of weeks split between London and Edinburgh. We did the British Isles trip last year on NG Explorer. It was great and drew us to book this one.

Archived