Hopped off Eurodam Sat - on to Ryndam

GRACECRUISE

Just off Eurodam 10/30 and had a great cruise. The ship was beautiful, weather was perfect and the captain and crew were one of the best.

Three of shared a cabin (8041) inside Navigation deck. Lots of room and sotrage space. We never even used the 2 drawers under the bed. Loved the L shaped confirfuration of room and sofa sleeper was very comfortable.

Captain - Darin Bowland He was very personable and reminded me of a young Jay Leno.

Cruise Director - Jason Venner - One word FANTASTIC

Saturday embarkation was chaos. First time I had seen that. Ship was late - rescued 2 fisherman from a sinking vessel at about 2 am. Interesting story from captain so ship was about 2 hours late in. Luggage and lines aoutside terminal early. We were still on by about 11:45 I guess.

The embarkation lunch in formal dining room was for 3 and 4 star mariners only. We are 17 days away from 4 star so we attended. Some people did get turned away and they were upset. The lunch was good. There was some type of travel agent event it looked like going on down on the lowere dining room.

Shows were good. Cast shows were big - 14 singers and dancers on stage. They did first night and 2 production shows. Joel Mason was on board. First time we got to see him and I hope not the last. Tribute to eagles had the joint rocking. James Cielen was the magician.

THe last night Joel Mason and friends was billed as the entertainment. It had to be one of the best shows I have seen on HAL. COuld nnever explain it but what and experience.

Food: My waistline shows that it was fantastic. SOme of the best beef we have every eaten on HAL. On crab leg night they were running a little short on crab by late seating. So our order of crab legs came out as 2 or 3 pieces of crab out of the shell and 2 beautiful lobster tails from the Pinnalce grill. My dads eye were big as saucers when they set thet in front of him. Our waiter, Harry, took great care of us.

Breakfast in the Lido went quite smooth. Some ruffles featherd til Monday lunch with no self service but that is always expected. Some people sould never be pleased. Large oval plates in Lido were nice and there were lots of guys who offered to carry our plates. As a personal note, one of the best ice cream selections I have seen in a long time.

The ports were great and sunny warm weather did not hurt.

There was a Q&A with the captain and hotel manager. It was so interesting. Ship has lots of activities. We enjoyed the culinary events.

Showtimes were after dinner and loved the theatre type seatting.

Great ship, great cruise, and now are heading to the Ryndam for a 7 day then back home to Tennessee.

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy you had such a good time. We sail on Eurodam in Dec. If you have a minute we would love to hear more about the culinary activities. What type of culinary events did you attend? What did they cost? Are there free events? How and when do you sign up? Thanks for the info. Can't wait till Dec. It will be our first time on HAl.

Happy you enjoyed Eurodam so much last week. We did, too. We think the ship looks beautiful, great crew, great cabin/dining/bar/deck staff and crew. Eurodam never seems to disappoint IMO

The gorgeous weather we enjoyed also was a bonus. :) Wasn't HMC almost the most perfect day possible on Friday? Glorious especially given we were the only ship there.

Archived