Back To Back Savings explained on Azamara Web site

Jade13

I do not know how long this has been there but I noticed that Azamara now has the back to back cruise booking savings listed/explained on their web site under "Amazing Deals". I know there was a lot of confusion for a very long time.

===

"More Nights. Longer Stays. Immerse yourself in savings.

Book consecutive voyages and enjoy a truly immersive experience. Connecting voyages allows you the luxury of exploring more ports and destinations. Azamara Club Cruises now offers you more short voyage options, so you can create the ultimate in-depth vacation – and the more you connect, the more you save!

Nine or more nights: Save $400† Per booking, per sailing.

Eight or less nights: Save $300† Per booking, per sailing.

†AZAMARA CLUB CRUISES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FUEL SUPPLEMENT ON ALL GUESTS IF THE PRICE OF WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE FUEL EXCEEDS US$65 PER BARREL. THE FUEL SUPPLEMENT FOR 1ST AND 2ND GUESTS WOULD BE NO MORE THAN US$15 PER GUEST, PER DAY TO A MAXIMUM OF US$200 PER VOYAGE.

*Back to back savings are per voyage when booking consecutive Azamara Club Cruises voyages. Back to back offer is combinable with upgrade promotions and one other savings or onboard credit offer such as the Private Editions offer (certain restrictions apply). Discounts are in USD, per stateroom, and based on double occupancy. Offer subject to availability. Savings will be removed from both bookings if one voyage is cancelled. Certain restrictions apply. Offer and itineraries are subject to change without notice, and offer may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not valid for charters or contracted groups. No action required at time of booking, savings will be applied by Azamara Club Cruises via internal option code SAW9 or SAX1 to applicable bookings. Other terms and conditions apply.

© Azamara Club Cruises. Ships' Registry: Malta."

The site talks about reductions of between $600 and $1600 - if i applied that it seems to say one person booking 2 7 night trips would get a reduction of 2 x $300 ie $600 and 2 people booking 2 x 10 nights would get 2 x 2 x 400 ie $1600 or have a I misread?? This could be very important to a pending decision we have re a booking!

The site talks about reductions of between $600 and $1600 - if i applied that it seems to say one person booking 2 7 night trips would get a reduction of 2 x $300 ie $600 and 2 people booking 2 x 10 nights would get 2 x 2 x 400 ie $1600 or have a I misread?? This could be very important to a pending decision we have re a booking!

Why don't you cut and paste/post what you are seeing on the Azamara UK web site, so we can see what the confusion is. On the US web site it is per cabin per voyage, not per person.

I am a little concerned that as before these discounts will not apply in the UK as we cannot use Choice Air and the previous discounts on the page are all relating to choice air etc. Anyway the reason I ask is because on the previous page it says

Book Back-to-Back, Save Across the Board • Book consecutive voyages and save from $600 to $1,600!*

• Enjoy an in-depth experience and unprecedented value when you book consecutive voyages on Azamara Club Cruises

We then when we click down see what you see - so where does $1600 come from - I can get the $600 - is the $1600 as I had wondered or is it the max they will back to back on is 4 trips - why 4 ? Just curious

I am a little concerned that as before these discounts will not apply in the UK as we cannot use Choice Air and the previous discounts on the page are all relating to choice air etc. Anyway the reason I ask is because on the previous page it says

Book Back-to-Back, Save Across the Board • Book consecutive voyages and save from $600 to $1,600!*

• Enjoy an in-depth experience and unprecedented value when you book consecutive voyages on Azamara Club Cruises

We then when we click down see what you see - so where does $1600 come from - I can get the $600 - is the $1600 as I had wondered or is it the max they will back to back on is 4 trips - why 4 ? Just curious

Is there OBC in the offer? Maybe that is included? It does sound like 4 voyages btbtbtb

If it is an Azamara web site (and not an outside TA) can you post the link?

This is all I can find on the UK web site. I can't find the offer on btb cruises. I do see in the UK you get 5% by booking on-line. We do not have that offer in the US.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/

"We have especially selected for you all the latest cruise offers. Find out how Azamara Club Cruises is surpassing its already incredible value!

Can a Mediterranean cruise still surprise you?

See Europe like it’s your first time abroad with our exciting 2010 all included*special offer.

With Azamara Club Cruises you will experience a sophisticated yet relaxed way of cruising that delivers unique destinations in a refreshingly unique way. Smaller ships. More overnights. Special offers that will make you see destinations under a new light.

Book before the 31st October 2010 and you can receive up to $1000 onboard spend** and FREE flights* on selected 2010/11 sailings. Contact us for more information on the full range of spectacular worldwide itineraries and these special offers.

*All included in your voyage:

• Preferred vintage red & white wine with lunch & dinner

• Bottled water, sodas, speciality coffees & teas

• Housekeeping, dining & bar gratuities

• Shuttle service in port where offered

• Self-service laundry

• Destination-influenced entertainment & enrichment programmes

• Speciality dining complimentary for Suite guests

• Butler service for Club Suite guests

• Concierge Service

*Terms & Conditions apply"

This is also showing on the US web site today:

"Book Back-to-Back, Save Across the Board

•Book consecutive voyages and save from $600 to $1,600!*•Enjoy an in-depth experience and unprecedented value when you book consecutive voyages on Azamara Club Cruises"

It is not clear, but a $1,600.00 savings sounds like 4 cruises of 9 nights or longer. The $600.00 of course would be two cruises of 8 nights or shorter.

Thats what I can see on my page - I have no idea what site it faces, it has all my reservations on it and also if I put in to get prices for other cruises, they are priced in sterling but the offers page is in $ and includes offers not available to UK cruisers - confusing or what! but we survive

Hi Everyone !

Azamara forwarded a new B2B brochure. I thought you might like to see it. Please click on the attached .pdf file below. Enjoy !

That is what we thought regarding the btb discount being up to 4 cruises of 9 nights or longer, but explained much better. I don't understand why Azamara doesn't hire a new copywriter. There is continual confusion which started with the past passenger program, including such things as who receives the welcome back gift.

Speaking of copywriting, there is still a pdf with an offer that expired April 30.

Thanks Andy that really helps

Do hope that this is understood in the UK booking offices as well!!

I presume as I am looking to b2b a 9 and 8 night trip it will be a $700 discount in total

This may work well for an inside cabin, but, when you get to the Suites it does not amount to a very worthwhile discount. Selling these cruises as one

longer cruise would probably be much cheaper in the long run!

That is why they are doing it this way with shorter cruises. They are trying to make more money. However, savvy cruisers are still figuring out the per diem prices and it's standard that longer cruises costs less per diem, not the same as a 7 night.

I still think Azamara should try to make more money by selling a reasonably priced laundry package (like HAL) and having (much) better stock in their gift shops.

This may work well for an inside cabin, but, when you get to the Suites it does not amount to a very worthwhile discount.
Agree completely. And even at the lowest inside cat, the B2B discounts are not really an attractive saving on many sailings. I think Azamara should make the discount as a % of price paid, which would equalize the savings across cats. As it stands now, the discount favors the least expensive cats on the least expensive sailings. Not much of an incentive.

Agree completely. And even at the lowest inside cat, the B2B discounts are not really an attractive saving on many sailings. I think Azamara should make the discount as a % of price paid, which would equalize the savings across cats. As it stands now, the discount favors the least expensive cats on the least expensive sailings. Not much of an incentive.

Ditto- So far Azamara offers no incentive to move from Oceania!

Thanks Andy that really helps

Do hope that this is understood in the UK booking offices as well!!

I presume as I am looking to b2b a 9 and 8 night trip it will be a $700 discount in total

Were you successful in obtaining the b2b discount? I copied Andy's pdf flyer (thanks Andy) to my TA here and as expected the reply (from Azamara) was "the discount is for the US only and does not apply to bookings made in Australia" I have a b2b booked on Journey for June next year.

There is so much discrimination against non US bookings/prices, so much so that CC did a survey some months ago about this.

No I have not, I was on the phone yesterday about the booking which we are still thinking about and was told they might be able to offer me some on board credit for a b2b, clearly not $700, which is not what I want; on Azamara there is only so much you can spend OBC on as I always prebook our excursions on line to be sure we get what we want.

I was suspicious when I saw the flyer it was priced in dollars and there was not reference to "or local currency" in the small print

I do agree about this issue re non US travellers; on another thread someone has highlighted to Bill (and I agree) that there are also issues about flights booked through the line - passengers travelling together not seated together etc- and I pointed out that non access to Choice Air is also an issue for us as again there are discounts running we cannot get.

Although the focus is on a global brand, the concentration does seem to be on the north american market, I hope in due course this changes as other premium brands are now courting us quite extensively and their offers are becoming very attractive. When we add in flight costs our trips on Azamara usually work out far more expensive than the vast majority of passengers

I thought as much! This 'discrimination' is a constant subject on the Australian boards and has been for years but we haven't seen any progress yet.

(Our son is marrying a lovely lass from Edinburgh next month, all her family will be out here)

Vera

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Azamara for changing the text on the btb savings (US site) so it is now easy to understand.

(I just got back from a 3 night mini-cruise on sister company's Celebrity Eclipse, and was looking to see if there were any changes yet on the Azamara web site.)

==

More Nights. Longer Stays. Immerse yourself in savings.

True destination immersion takes time, so why not take a little extra time and save money with back-to-back voyages on Azamara Club Cruises© Explore more destinations with more freedom to customize itineraries by combining two shorter voyages! With savings up to $1,600, and a minimum savings of $600, it's always a good time to double up on destination immersion!

Nine or more nights: Save $400† Per booking, per sailing.

Eight or less nights: Save $300† Per booking, per sailing.

NUMBER OF VOYAGES

8 NIGHTS OR SHORTER

($300 PER BOOKING PER SAILING)

9 NIGHTS OR SHORTER

($400 PER BOOKING PER SAILING)

2 VOYAGES $600 $800

3 VOYAGES $900 $1,200

4 VOYAGES $1,200 $1,600

†AZAMARA CLUB CRUISES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FUEL SUPPLEMENT ON ALL GUESTS IF THE PRICE OF WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE FUEL EXCEEDS US$65 PER BARREL. THE FUEL SUPPLEMENT FOR 1ST AND 2ND GUESTS WOULD BE NO MORE THAN US$15 PER GUEST, PER DAY TO A MAXIMUM OF US$200 PER VOYAGE.

*Back to back savings are per voyage when booking consecutive Azamara Club Cruises voyages. Back to back offer is combinable with upgrade promotions and one other savings or onboard credit offer such as the Private Editions offer (certain restrictions apply). Discounts are in USD, per stateroom, and based on double occupancy. Offer subject to availability. Savings will be removed from both bookings if one voyage is cancelled. Certain restrictions apply. Offer and itineraries are subject to change without notice, and offer may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not valid for charters or contracted groups. No action required at time of booking, savings will be applied by Azamara Club Cruises via internal option code SAW9 or SAX1 to applicable bookings. Other terms and conditions apply.

© Azamara Club Cruises. Ships' Registry: Malta.

Not sure that your concerns are justified Westaussie. The same information is provided under 'Special Promotions' at the foot of the home page available to Australian clients. There's nothing in that material that says the B2B allowances only apply to US citizens.

Nevernever

Not sure that your concerns are justified Westaussie. The same information is provided under 'Special Promotions' at the foot of the home page available to Australian clients. There's nothing in that material that says the B2B allowances only apply to US citizens.

Nevernever

Have been told by my 'well known' on line TA here in Perth that she checked with Azamara and they have told her it does not apply to Australians - will take this further. We have a b2b booked for June.

ps Just noticed your post where you mention getting the b2b discount - did you book direct with Azamara or T/A? Would you be kind enough to email me at vscover at ozemail.com.au if the latter - maybe I need to change T/A!! Thanks

Vera

Archived