First time cruisers...lots of questions.....

TIPSYNOODLE

Booked the january 8th, 2011, 5 day cruise to progresso and cozumel, departing from Galveston.....got suite V9....has anyone stayed in that room? im just hoping it is not noisy as i hear some rooms can be......not sure what is located next to , or under/over/next to the room....

Having hard time with picking excursions, been reading a lot about the ports and wondering if it is not better to just book it once we leave the ship in the different ports versus Carnival???

We are bringing my mom with us on this trip, she has no idea we are going on a cruise lol, she is coming to visit me in december for 2 months from germany .(she is german)...i wont tell her until we are infront of the terminal in galveston....cant wait to see the look on her face.....my main concern was , does she need a visa for the ports of call, or re entry to the U.S ??? I checked with the travel agency but they werent too sure, in the end they said no she did not, but i would like to be 100 % sure.......she does have a valid passport that allows her to enter the U.S, so im thinking since she is starting her trip in the U.S that she wont need one....

Also, since we have already paid for the trip.....if the price drops before we leave, would we get reimbursed or credit for the difference???

also what is the smoking policy? can u smoke on the balcony??

Are there any secret rooms/ short cuts on ecstacy i hear about on other ships? areas little known to passengers??

thanks for any comments,tips........cant wait to go!!

You can book excursions when you get off the ship. YOu just need to do your homework before hand to know where you want to go and what you want to do.

Also, have you joined the Roll Call? There you will find others on your cruise. You may find someone planning a private excursions and looking for others to join.

To join, go to the boards menu and scroll down to Roll Calls. Click on your cruise line. Then click on your ship. Finally, click on the thread for your sailing.

does she need a visa for the ports of call, or re entry to the U.S ??? .......she does have a valid passport that allows her to enter the U.S, so im thinking since she is starting her trip in the U.S that she wont need one....
I don't think that argument necessarily holds water. What does another country care that a German passport holder was in the US before arriving in their country? If she needs a visa, she needs a visa, and coming via the US wouldn't affect that.

Here's a Link to the deck plans for Ecstacy. You can drag your deck over the ones above and below you. Just line up the elevators to get the best picture.

You will be directly under the gym. If you leave your cabin and turn left you should find a door that leads to a forward deck area.

I would contact the Mexican Embassy or Consulate as far as any visa for Mutti:p There's one near you in Austin (512-478-2866)

Charlie

This site lists the countries who do, or do not, need an entry visa to Mexico.

http://www.learn4good.com/travel/mexico_visa.htm

OP, just because a person is visiting the US, doesn't excuse them from visa requirements. The rule is that it depends on the country you're a citizen of, and has nothing to do with the fact that you're visiting the USA.

Did your mom need a visa to visit the US from Germany? If so, it has to be a multi entry visa and not just a one entry one. If no visa is required, not to worry. All she needs is her German passport.

Having hard time with picking excursions, been reading a lot about the ports and wondering if it is not better to just book it once we leave the ship in the different ports versus Carnival???
I suggest that you study the "Port of Call" portion of this website to get ideas -- and then book ahead.

Your time in port is limited, and you don't want to waste it looking around for something to do. Also, the best time slots (mornings) will be full when you arrive in port.

It's definitely better to book with private tours rather than ship tours. Ship tours are over-crowded and expensive. But I wouldn't want to just meet someone at the port and trust that he's reliable. I like to hear from several people online that a certain tour group provides good service -- and that you must check before you board.

Hi,guys I am new to the cruise as well as to the forum..I had never done it before..I live in Alaska which is in USA and eagerly interested in doing it at any sake and also the budget in which it suites me..So please give me some suggestions from where to start and please keep in mind about the budget..

Please help!

Hey Have a one look here also: locations espagne | location en espagne

Hi,guys I am new to the cruise as well as to the forum..I had never done it before..I live in Alaska which is in USA and eagerly interested in doing it at any sake and also the budget in which it suites me..So please give me some suggestions from where to start and please keep in mind about the budget..

Please help!

Hey Have a one look here also: locations espagne | location en espagne

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would suggest you find a travel agent that specializes in cruises to talk to. As a first timer, you will need help to find the right cruise for you.

Archived