Did we receive an upgrade?

cruise kitty

Hello, we booked a VF guarantee, and were assigned a VC 5176, I looked at Joannie's site, & see that this cabin has a shower only...(I'm fine with that:)) but it seems nicer than the VF's... did we get an upgrade? Are the VC's any larger than the VF's? They appear to be slightly larger on the deck plans, but sometimes those are very deceptive. Thank you in advance.

... did we get an upgrade? Are the VC's any larger than the VF's? They appear to be slightly larger on the deck plans, but sometimes those are very deceptive.
You definitely got an upgrade IMO. :) Inside, the VCs are identical to the VFs. The VCs are ranked higher because with the VF you either get a steel-walled balcony railing, and are very far forward on deck 4, or on deck 5 you get a smaller balcony (4.5 ft deep vs 6 ft for the VC).

Thank you!

Doing a happy dance now! (as much as possible behind my desk;)) I have never sailed on HAL before, & never booked a guarantee, but the last minute price with OBC was amazing! I suppose it's possible, since it's a guarantee, that we could still get moved... has anyone ever been downgraded after being upgraded??

I suppose it's possible, since it's a guarantee, that we could still get moved...
We did on our last cruise. Got one upgrade assignment 11 days out, and another upgrade 2 days out.

... has anyone ever been downgraded after being upgraded??

I've never heard of anyone involuntarily being downgraded after being upgraded, but in rare cases HAL may make an offer to move down in exchange for some other benefits.

Archived