Question ...HELP PLEASE!

crowan

Carnival Fasination or RC Monarch of the Seas?

I am split between the two cruise lines on which one to take to the Bahamas for our 10 year anniversary. We have been on Carnival twice but will be the first time with RC.

Carnival is 1 extra night compared to RC but Carnival is only in the Bahamas from 12 pm - 10 pm and RC is their all day. ( we would like to Visit Atlantis so I am afraid this will effect it) Carnival also departs from a port that is 2 hours closer to our house than RC departing port.

I have a deposit on RC but I am having second thoughts.

RC is cheaper but it is a 4 night and is in the Bahamas a whole day.

Carnival is 160 dollars more and has an extra night and closer to drive (but only a half of a day in the Bahamas)

It would be our first time with RC. Sorry but I have read bad things about both ships so I am torn between the two.

THanks for any and all advise

Carnival Fasination or RC Monarch of the Seas?

I am split between the two cruise lines on which one to take to the Bahamas for our 10 year anniversary. We have been on Carnival twice but will be the first time with RC.

Carnival is 1 extra night compared to RC but Carnival is only in the Bahamas from 12 pm - 10 pm and RC is their all day. ( we would like to Visit Atlantis so I am afraid this will effect it) Carnival also departs from a port that is 2 hours closer to our house than RC departing port.

I have a deposit on RC but I am having second thoughts.

RC is cheaper but it is a 4 night and is in the Bahamas a whole day.

Carnival is 160 dollars more and has an extra night and closer to drive (but only a half of a day in the Bahamas)

It would be our first time with RC. Sorry but I have read bad things about both ships so I am torn between the two.

THanks for any and all advise

I suspect that you'll have a good time either way. If you're going to be in the Bahamas from noon to 10 p.m. that is plenty of time to see Atlantis and the straw market unless you feel that there are many other things you also want to do/see. I'd favor Carnival but I'm sure you'll have a great time with your current plans to go with RCCL.

I don't know where you live, but surely there is a water park near your home that you could utilize for an entire day, rather than doing it at Atlantis!

I would choose the longer cruise, with a shorter drive to port, even if it wasn't "cost-effective" to pay for the "Atlantis experience"!

Take a look at the Carnival Sensation. You will get more time in Nassau than on the Fascination.

If you are willing to drive to Port Canaveral to get on the Monarch, consider the Sensation since they depart from there, too. Their fares are comparable to the Monarch and their itinerary is similar.

Take a look at the Carnival Sensation. You will get more time in Nassau than on the Fascination.

If you are willing to drive to Port Canaveral to get on the Monarch, consider the Sensation since they depart from there, too. Their fares are comparable to the Monarch and their itinerary is similar.

I took a look at that one as well. The only thing is that our 10 year anniversary is on Feb 3rd and my wife does not want to be boarding or departing to go home that day.

I don't know where you live, but surely there is a water park near your home that you could utilize for an entire day, rather than doing it at Atlantis!

I would choose the longer cruise, with a shorter drive to port, even if it wasn't "cost-effective" to pay for the "Atlantis experience"!

We actually are not going necessarily for the water park portion. We were just wanting to visit and see the aquarium and the hotel.

It seams that the RC Monarch of the Seas does not have as much to do as the Carnival Fasination. Carnival has remodeled and added a small golf area, adults only area, as well as several water slides. The Monarch has a climbing wall which we never will use as well as a basketball court.

Any Pros or Cons about the ship itself? I would like to try RC but after calling RC 4 different times and getting 4 different answers on what the ship has, I am starting to have second thoughts. RC also charges extra for its other restaurants :( We are kinda use to Carnival.:D It is about a $160 difference and a 2 hour difference in driving length. Was thinking about lining up a couples massage and the $160 savings could go toward it.

Sorry I am just confused :confused: on which to go with. So any and all input will be GREAT! especially from people that have been on these ships.

Thanks

Crowan,

Don't beat your self up over the decision. You can't go wrong. Both cruise lines are great and whether you end up on the Sensation, Fascination or Monarch, you will have a great time.

If you have a preferred itinerary, choose that ship.

The rooms are smaller on the Monarch than either of the two Carnival ships. Carnival's food is generally better, but, Royal Caribbean is one of the few cruise lines that can do eggs Benedict properly. Royal also has the best coffee served on a ship. Carnival has fresh made to order sandwiches, pizza, salad and calzone.

I am not sure about your comment "RC also charges extra for its other restaurants?" Monarch has one specialty restaurant and a specialty coffee bar they charge for, but, that is comparable to most other ships. There buffet and MDR don't have any charges. I just can't remember if the Sensation and Fascination have specialty restaurants or not. They do have a coffee bar with pastries they charge for so in that aspect they are similar to the Monarch.

I love the Monarch, there's plenty of time in Nassau to see anything you wish there.

the food aboard the Monarch is excellent. We ate in the Windjammer every day, and loved it.

We found plenty to do aboard, and actually stayed aboard while in Nassau, and enjoyed the ship.

Never been on any line except RCCL.. not comparing, just saying...

Archived