Inexpenstive eateries near Bayside

jerseygirl79

We'll be in Miami for a pre-cruise stay in December. I plan on booking the Intercontinental. Any suggestions for inexpensive meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I refuse to spend a fortune on food when we're about to cruise and I know how quickly those 3 meals can add up. I'd rather spend that money on the ship!

Don't go to Bayside ... the restaurants there are nothing special and are the same places you can find back at home (Chili's, Hooter's, etc).

Take a taxi to Mary Brickell Village or to Coconut Grove. Both areas have lovely places for both lunch and dinner. My personal favorites are Perricone at Mary Brickell Village and Greene Street in the Grove. South Beach along Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive have good restaurants too, but they can get pricey.

For breakfast or even a light lunch you can go to The Daily, which is about a 15-minute walk north of your hotel on Biscayne Blvd. Good soups and salads.

Thanks. I think the food court will the best option. I don't mind "tourist traps" :) chain restaurants or food courts.

For breakfast, the Latin American or Mambo Cuban cafe at Bayside opens up by 8AM on weekends. We enjoyed the Los Rancho's restaurant for a late lunch also at Bayside. When you see a lot of local business people, you know the food must be good. Of course for us New Englanders, I always enjoy Bubba Gumps as we don't have that chain in our area. I have found the other restaurants to be more pricey. IC hotel restaurants are very expensive.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

Archived