1st post--celebrity or princess

helovestrains

Hi, this is my first post and have enjoyed reading the great info here. I have many questions as we have never cruised before. We are in our late 40's and quality of food and relaxation is what we are leaning towards. There is the Celebrity Soltice and the Ruby Princess cruises we are interested in. The prices of the cruises are similiar in cost and we haven't been to any of the ports, so food and a more relaxing cruise are determining factors. With this in mind which cruise would you choose? Thanks for any advice we receive.:)

For the same price, I'd go with Celebrity. Generally, however, we have gotten better deals on Princess and have enjoyed all of our cruises on their ships. We also like Holland America. You might want to throw a third option into your mix.

We've been on both lines and would choose Solstice over Princess every time.

Ditto, we have been on both lines and in fact been on the Solstice, it is a very impressive ship, all around the nicest ship we have ever sailed on.

Kirk

Ditto, though I haven't sailed Celebrity if the prices were similar I'd go with Celebrity. I enjoy Princess and have booked a really good deal for Thanksgiving week. A friend of mine is going on Cel that week and while he wanted us to go, too, the price difference when I booked was just too great to justify it. But if they were close, I'd definitely try out Celebrity.

Archived