Never again

kidledr

Our HAL 14 day Carib cruise has gone down by $600 pp, ($2400 pp down to $1800 pp) I queried a refund with HAL agent in OZ, no way they said, no price drops for Aussies. You pay the price you booked at and no I have not made final payment.

You can always hit back at HAL by reducing your on board spending in various ways to make up the dollars you might have got back, but have gone into the HAL coffers.

But at the end of the day HAL have got you by the proverbial, but then so have most of the other cruise lines.

How much was your deposit pp? Maybe it is worth forgoing your original deposit and making a new booking.

I will no longer book a long time ahead for this very reason.

The Neiw Amsterdam is like less than less than 4 months old and has been plagued by "GI" disease out breaks , it sounds several times. ( I suspect jumping the passenger loads up 50% might have something to do with it.

It seems smaller ships do not have these problems).

How is is possible that a new ship is starting out with such a poor track record withe her maden voyage in the US basicaly under quarentine of the CDC...

This is not good...My wife, a retired medical professional, presently dosen't want to even take the cruise even if it means walking away from a fully paid cruise.!

What's your take ??? Would you go with such a terrible track record....

???

I was on the NA on the itinerary before this current one, and I didn't get any GI illnesses. It's luck of the draw. I did get a cold, but I am susceptible to sinus stuff.

Not taking the cruise seems silly. This has little to nothing to do with the age of the ship. It's luck of the draw. Some passenger brought it on, and off it went. It's not really HALs fault if a person lied when they checked in, saying they'd not been sick...or maybe the person hadn't presented symptoms yet, who knows, but either way, it's really not the fault of any cruise line (in my opinion) as they can't give medical tests to each passenger to ensure no germs are brought on each day in various ports in several countries.

Every time I looked anywhere on the NA, someone was cleaning something, so I really wouldn't think this has anything to do with the ship in particular. Just luck of the draw.

Go on your cruise. Get meds from your doctor if you're worried about getting noro, there are some antibiotics that can help combat diarrhea (I believe I was given Ciproflaxin which i did not use on the cruise for "montezumas revenge").

:(We're taking our first and last HAL cruise 12/24 San Diego,Panama Canal,Fort Lauderdale.Paid $4200 a couple,for a DD obstructed view cabin.Checked HAL site,and discovered same class now going for $1000 less,a couple.Called our TA,asking what could be done to make clients(us) happy?

TA's call to HAL determined that they would(could)? do nothing for an account which had been paid in full,as ours was.No upgrade,no OBC,thanks for your business.

Am I wrong for feeling used,as in gotcha?I believe I've been treated unfairly,and they won't get my money again.

Welcome to the new reality in cruising!! You won't get it from any other cruise line either. There are screaming threads on the Celebrity and RCL boards since they changed their policy on May 17.

The Neiw Amsterdam is like less than less than 4 months old and has been plagued by "GI" disease out breaks , it sounds several times. ( I suspect jumping the passenger loads up 50% might have something to do with it.

It seems smaller ships do not have these problems).

How is is possible that a new ship is starting out with such a poor track record withe her maden voyage in the US basicaly under quarentine of the CDC...

This is not good...My wife, a retired medical professional, presently dosen't want to even take the cruise even if it means walking away from a fully paid cruise.!

What's your take ??? Would you go with such a terrible track record....

???

Such a terrible track record?? So, because HAL is reporting that there is Noro aboard, per the laws and regulations, NA is now labeled....

You have to remember that everywhere you go there is Noro Virus. Just not everyone reports it.

Someone brought the virus aboard and it spread... OK, got that it is a nasty flu but like anything else it gets picked up and spread. HAL is dealing with it per all the CDC recommendations and precautions. But with so many people coming and going ..... And reportedly, so many refusing to notify the medical staff that they are sick.........And still wandering around infecting others.......

I will still be on board her in 21 days and even though I think/hope that it MIGHT be cleared up and gone by then, I will not allow the threat of its presence bar me from going on my cruise and enjoying myself. AND IF I become ill, I WILL notify the medical staff and follow their directives.

Joanie

Archived