Laundry Room Fights Oriana

Aussie One

• 1 month later...

Hi

Round the world trip.

I was on 2nd sitting for dining and found that if I did my washing around 6p.m. this was the best time as 1st sitting were getting ready for their dinner.

The problem is 4 washing machines and 4 driers. The washing took approx 25 minutes and the drier at least 50 minutes, causing build ups, leading to tension for people waiting to use the driers.

I hope that Oriana will fit extra driers at their refit.

Saying that had a wonderful cruise.

Regards

Jo

I recently returned from Aurora and after reading all these stories before I left I was very worried about using the laundry. No need to worry at all. I picked after approx 1 1/2 weeks, sea day, deck 11. lots of machines. Stayed there while wash cycle and dry cycle completed. lots of machines, wish the irons had been cleaner, but no problems what so ever.

We have recently arrived in the UK from Brisbane - after 41 days on Oriana. We did not need to use the laundry for washing at all during that time - did a bit of ironing at times though. Every time I passed the large laundry on C Dec (9), it was an absolute hive of activity - and I always wondered what people were washing. It made me think that they all had a tribe of six small children onboard with them :D

Anyway - to each, their own!! :D

Happy New Year Jo, I am pleased to hear you made it home safely through all the snow :)

We also did the half world trip on the Oriana and used the laundry twice. It was a terribly tame experience - no interesting gossip or altercations at all! ;) In fact we had completely forgotten a "white's" load and came down to find someone had very kindly taken it out the drier, folded it beautifully and put it in our basket.... and were very nice about it!!! I would still advise against using it unless absolutely necessary - there are soo many more pleasant things to do on your cruise and time flies by:)

Cheers

Zsazsa

Archived