Upgrade 1A hump to a C-class ?

ClassicalSax

I have never been in a C category, so do not have first hand knowledge, . . . but for me personally based on what I have read, the balcony would be more important than the extras. :)

Will be interesting to hear what those that have had both categories have to say.

I have never been in a C category, so do not have first hand knowledge, . . . but for me personally based on what I have read, the balcony would be more important than the extras. :)

Will be interesting to hear what those that have had both categories have to say.

I have not stayed in C class either and that is why the temptation was great this time :)

BTW, I used to work for a Brent P. at a bank many moons ago on Cape Cod but I see you live in NH :)

My room was changed to 8255, which shows a hump room online. However, I have read so much online here that the deck plans online are wrong for deck 8 on Solstice. Can anyone help with this? Is that correct? And where would I go to see the correct deck plan. I hate to have chosen a room based off of a wrong deck plan.

Thanks!

My room was changed to 8255, which shows a hump room online. However, I have read so much online here that the deck plans online are wrong for deck 8 on Solstice. Can anyone help with this? Is that correct? And where would I go to see the correct deck plan. I hate to have chosen a room based off of a wrong deck plan.

Thanks!

I just checked in my Celebrity Brochure and that room is a hump balcony. I just went on my first Celebrity cruise in October and loved my large balcony #8285. You will love it.

I have not stayed in C class either and that is why the temptation was great this time :)

BTW, I used to work for a Brent P. at a bank many moons ago on Cape Cod but I see you live in NH :)

I've always cruised in concierge class cabins. But frankly, I just don't see the point on S class ships. The rooms are the same size as other balcony cabins. So, we're giving a 1A on the hump a try on our first S class cruise.

Could you verify if the room 8279 is a hump room? Also, is there anywhere to find otu the balcony size? Celebrity changed my room from 8255 and now it is not available!!

Cabin 8279 is one of the larger hump balconies. You have a larger balcony than you would have with #8255. You can check on the X web site:)

For me this is very curious, since we have never booked a gty on Celebrity. However, it appears that some have; and, that they have benefited thereby.

In our case, our next four Equinox cruises are in AQ, all with the large balcony. I assume that, given this scenario, we would not be advantaged by booking a gty. Does anyone feel that my assumption is incorrect?

Looking for opinions on whether if given the opportunity due to a price drop, you would upgrade a 1A hump with the large balcony to a non-hump C3 or C2 on same deck (Eclipse-Panorama Deck) ? :confused:

I'm on the fence on this one...

We did that very thing in June, from a 1A to a C3. Mrs S2M appreciated the CC extras so I came out a winner there. She works hard and rarely asks for anything so it's a no-brainer for me. We had a major embarkation delay due to a power failure in the terminal so thanks to the priority system we ended up being among some of the earliest to board and have lunch.

What I wish I had done back then was lay out an extra $100 or so and upgraded to a C2 with a 1A sized balcony. (My first Celebrity cruise so hadn't quite picked up on that option yet). A C2 extended balcony is what I ended up booking for our next cruise that leaves in 2 weeks. :cool:

We're hooked on CC now, but I also understand those who don't see the value.

I posted a very similar thread a couple weeks back. We too are in an angled hump 1a (7290) and could have upgraded free to a C3 on deck 8 or 10, but would have been in a regular balcony pretty far aft. I decided to stay put, but have been second-guessing. I *think* our cabin has one of the much larger balconies and I'm hoping it is worth it!

BTW, there was a price drop after my final payment and I was told I couldn't get the price adjusted or OBC because my reservation was made after 5/17 (actually we booked an Oct. solstice cruise on 5/4 and then had to switch to Eclipse in Dec. Sadly they gave me a new booking number and are using the date of that change as my reservation date, which I think is lousy of them). Do they have to offer you an upgrade if there's a price drop after final payment and you can't get obc?

Archived