Another ES Question

Larry'sLady

This was to be DH and my first cruise to celebrate my 65th birthday & our 32nd wedding anniversary with DD, SIL & DGD. Now my husband has decided he doesn't want to go. We booked ES for the Legend on July 3, 2011. I realize that we will lose the deposit for him. My question is will we be able to switch my DGD to my cabin so I won't have to pay for 2.

This was to be DH and my first cruise to celebrate my 65th birthday & our 32nd wedding anniversary with DD' date=' SIL & DGD. Now my husband has decided he doesn't want to go. We booked ES for the Legend on July 3, 2011. I realize that we will lose the deposit for him. My question is will we be able to switch my DGD to my cabin so I won't have to pay for 2.[/quote']

Believe how it works is your husband will loose his portion. Since ES are still available you should be able to book your DGD in your room with an ES.

This was to be DH and my first cruise to celebrate my 65th birthday & our 32nd wedding anniversary with DD' date=' SIL & DGD. Now my husband has decided he doesn't want to go. We booked ES for the Legend on July 3, 2011. I realize that we will lose the deposit for him. My question is will we be able to switch my DGD to my cabin so I won't have to pay for 2.[/quote']

Don't you have anyone that go with you? I would give it to someone you are compatablie with and make DH pay for it. :eek: He is the one who changed his mind! ;) Good luck and happy birthday!

Also does anyone know if ther is insurance out there that will cover ES deposit?

Luv's Crusin'

You could possibly only lose $50 pp for the changes.

If YOU sign a paper and fax it to them they you paid for his deposit, then the rest of his deposit will be available for you to use .. and then your PVP can apply it to the cost of your cabin.

$50 pp for your daughter to move to your cabin as well.

Don't you have anyone that go with you? I would give it to someone you are compatablie with and make DH pay for it. :eek: He is the one who changed his mind! ;) Good luck and happy birthday!

Also does anyone know if ther is insurance out there that will cover ES deposit?

Luv's Crusin'

If you have Carnival's insurance ... and as Ken keeps reminding me .. paid for it (you paid for the insurance over and above the cost of the deposits), and cancel for a covered reason, the whole deposit will be returned to you.

Only Carnival covers the whole deposit. .. other insurances will only cover the $50 pp change fee.

The problem as I see it is that without your DH, you are sailing solo. So you would have to pay the single supplement. BUT if your DGD moved to your room that would solve the problem except for one thing. She is sailing as a third person right now, so her rate would be different in your cabin because she'd be the second person there.

Even if there is some way around this it's going to hit your pocket. I say you all should gang up on your DH and drag him on board.

The problem as I see it is that without your DH, you are sailing solo. So you would have to pay the single supplement. BUT if your DGD moved to your room that would solve the problem except for one thing. She is sailing as a third person right now, so her rate would be different in your cabin because she'd be the second person there.

Even if there is some way around this it's going to hit your pocket. I say you all should gang up on your DH and drag him on board.

Yes, the daughter would have to pay the CURRENT full fare to move into the OPs cabin ..

Another option would be to have the husband be a no show and move the daughter in and pay the 3rd rate, plus the $50 change fee. I know Iv added it up several ways. I added a 3rd rate for only $129 .. cheaper than cancelling someone off since I dont have insurance.

Thanks so much for the info. We do have travel insurance but not with Carnival. I like the idea of dragging him onboard. LOL. I will call my PVP tomorrow and see what I can do. I love this board. You are very kind. My SIL and I are getting ready to book a cruise in March and leave the men at home.

Wow, Happy Birthday to you :(. I am so sorry that your hubby is making this hard for you. He needs to just go and have fun and make it about you and the family. That is what marrage is about.

I hope it all works out for you and your family.

Kris

Fire - in this case you are incorrect - if your DH does not sail with you, you do pay a $50 penalty and his deposit will be available for HIM to use as credit towards a future cruise - as long as it is booked within 12 months of cancellation. You won't be able to use it for another pax.

ES contract reads:

No name changes are allowed. A $50 service fee will be assessed per person for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to the final payment due date.

I have had to make these changes before so have the benefit of experience in this - unfortunately. ES works great if you know you will be sailing - but my hubby had to cancel on a cruise and we lost his deposit - unless we book HIM on a cruise within 12 months, which, given his new job situation, might be an issue - although I am planning to try and get him on a cruise in September, the question is whether I can book it within the 12 month window.

So, if your DH is anti-cruising, you may be out the deposit - if it's just this one he can't/won't do, you can recoup it later - but it can't be part of the upfront deposit - it will either apply towards the balance AFTER the deposit or as OBC unless you book the next one immediately when you pull him from the cruise you are booked on. I asked - that deposit will still be tagged as ES funds - so if you cancel the subsequent cruise, that portion of the deposit is still non refundable.

Fire - in this case you are incorrect - if your DH does not sail with you, you do pay a $50 penalty and his deposit will be available for HIM to use as credit towards a future cruise - as long as it is booked within 12 months of cancellation. You won't be able to use it for another pax.

Maybe you are misunderstanding what I said, but I am correct in what I posted. I have checked and rechecked my facts, and my PVP has confirmed what others on CC have stated. If YOU paid for his deposit .. YOU can claim it, but you do have to sign a form and fax it it (minus the $50 change fee of course as I also stated).

Lorri and some others have posted that they were successfull doing this. I think LoriB's daughter wanted to cancel, but she had paid her deposit and was able to sign and fax in the form. Lori got the remainder of the deposit not the pax who cancelled ... check with Carnival if you dont believe me.

PS in my case it was my sister cancelling and I have already been told by my PVP I can get the rest of her deposit and mine by signing the form, and we live in different households, but because the deposits were paid with my VISA I can claim both deposits if cancelled.

btw, its 2 years from the date you cancel and has been for a while now. It used to be 12 months.

We are booked with ES on Legend at New Year's. A similar situation happened to us in that we had booked a three passenger room with our oldest son and his girlfriend and our youngest son. As luck would have it they broke up. I had paid the deposit and filled out the paperwork to have my $200 put into my name as future credit and lost the remaining $50. The only issue is that they do not assign you the credit for the cruise you are going to be on, it has to be for a future cruise. My advise to you is to call in to see what can be done and work with their rules or make your husband go but tell him he can't leave the room because he just might have some fun if he does!:eek:

Snow bunny

If the OP is like me, you want to know the options and what each choice will cost and then its easier to make a informed decision.

You got it firefly333. I am satisfied knowing what can be

done. I paid the deposit with my credit card, so if he doesn't go, I believe I can get it back. After the advice you kind folks have given me, my SIL has decided she will go if he doesn't. Thank you for giving me the options.

Fire - in this case you are incorrect - if your DH does not sail with you, you do pay a $50 penalty and his deposit will be available for HIM to use as credit towards a future cruise - as long as it is booked within 12 months of cancellation. You won't be able to use it for another pax. .

Carnival's handling of these (Early Saver) situations is now as Fire describes it. It started out a year or so ago to allow parents who paid for the booking to get future credit for their children's cancellation and has evolved pretty much to allow (on request) the person who paid for the booking to get future credit for cancellation of anyone in the booking. Fire is in the process of doing so, any number of posters have reported success, and my research with the Guest Resolution Department indicates that they would allow this.

ken

Archived