Steakhouse Reservation Response?

Havinsnest

In the past I've sent in a request for the date and time we wanted for Conquest's Steakhouse - The Point - and have gotten a response anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months later.

It dawned on me this morning I've not heard anything about our reservation for our NYE cruise. Our last cruise was on Victory which doesn't have a Steakhouse so it's been 2 years since I've done the reservation and response thing.

Are responses still being sent out or is that something that has gone by the wayside? Concerned our reservation is lost in cyberspace and New Year's Eve is not available for The Point anymore. It won't ruin our cruise if we don't get to dine there on NYE but we were looking forward to it.

How did you contact them? I went through the reservation system via my booking on the Carnival website and heard from them the next day. I immediately realized I'd given them the wrong date, responded to their e-mail confirmation, and got another immediate response. I wonder if it varies from ship to ship?

Now the Chef's Table is another matter...still waiting to hear if I've got a reservation for that!

How did you contact them? I went through the reservation system via my booking on the Carnival website and heard from them the next day. I immediately realized I'd given them the wrong date, responded to their e-mail confirmation, and got another immediate response. I wonder if it varies from ship to ship?

Now the Chef's Table is another matter...still waiting to hear if I've got a reservation for that!

I have made a réservation for next January and I never received a response

We finally received e-mail confirmation a couple of weeks after I made the reservation on-line via our November Legend booking.

The e-mail originated from a Steakhouse hostess. To be on the safe side, I will re-confirm at the restaurant once we board Legend.

Carnival website.

I guess if we get on board and confirm and don't have a reservation we'll just try for a different night.

We are on the Freedom for the 8 day Eastern next March. I paid off our trip and a couple of days later registered on Carnival.com and put in a reservation request for the Steakhouse. I thought maybe it was too early to book because I didn't get a response. I logged on to my computer a week later and had an email confirmation for our reservation.

I'm going to print out the email confirmation and take with me on the cruise in case there is a problem when we get to the restaurant.

I'm going to print out the email confirmation and take with me on the cruise in case there is a problem when we get to the restaurant.

Great idea....that's what we did on the Valor in June. I booked it thru the Carnival web site and had my conformation a day or two later. Have a GREAT cruise!!!:)

I made a reservation for next Valentine's Day through here: http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLSteakhouseRequest.htm?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7 and received an email confirmation the next day. I will take a printed copy with me on the cruise, just in case...

Wizard, what ship are you on? I made a reservation for Valentine's on the Dream and have not heard anything back. In the past whenever I made reservations I was responded to in a day or two.

We put in our Steakhouse request for our January Dream cruise and have yet to hear anything.

I have made a reservation for the Dream in March and no reply- I have asked John Heald on his blog for clarification as some seem to get a reply while others do not. Our booking is a special occasion so keen to get the night we want

In February, I received a confirmation for the Conquest steakhouse, when I looked into making one for Legend last week, I seem to remember it stating somewhere that the "new" process is that they don't confirm your reservation until you are on board.

I just tried to do a mock reservation, but I'm booked on Fascination and there isn't a steakhouse there. Sorry... maybe someone booked on one of the ships that has a steakhouse can try it and give you verbatim.

Enjoy your cruise!

I made a reservation for the Dream steakhouse over 2 months ago. Never heard anything. I e-mailed customer relations last week - got back a reply that said they won't confirm reservations until closer to the sailing - around 2 weeks before. I hope we get the night we requested - it is a birthday celebration, and 10 of us want to go! And I booked it thru my reservations page on the CCL site.

Archived