My Time Dining and a baby?

sherry7

I'm looking for some advice please. We have never done My Time Dining, but I thought it would be a good idea for our upcoming cruise. We will have our baby with us, who will be 8 months old at the time.

If we do MTD without a specific reservation time, I'm concerned about the following:

• Getting a high chair quickly.
  • Getting a table for 4 (definitely better in our situation).
  • Getting some appropriate food for the baby that isn't necessarily on the nightly menu (soft cheese, fruits, veggies, etc).

What do you all think based on your experience? Should we do the specific reservation time so we will have the same wait staff nightly, or just take our chances and go at whatever time? My husband wants the freedom of eating at a non-specific time, but I'm not so sure given the needs of the baby. Thanks for your advice.

Disclaimer: Since babies are usually a hot topic, I hereby promise that I'll whisk her out of the dining room at the first hint of a cry. :p

MTD is perfect for a family. You shouldn't have any difficulty getting a high chair and the foods/menu are all the same, regardless of which form of dining you choose.

You can make a "standing" reservation for each evening, if you want...or, if the traditional dining times suit your (and baby's!) schedule, just do that! Schedules are important for babies!

I'm looking for some advice please. We have never done My Time Dining, but I thought it would be a good idea for our upcoming cruise. We will have our baby with us, who will be 8 months old at the time.

If we do MTD without a specific reservation time, I'm concerned about the following:

• Getting a high chair quickly.
  • Getting a table for 4 (definitely better in our situation).
  • Getting some appropriate food for the baby that isn't necessarily on the nightly menu (soft cheese, fruits, veggies, etc).

What do you all think based on your experience? Should we do the specific reservation time so we will have the same wait staff nightly, or just take our chances and go at whatever time? My husband wants the freedom of eating at a non-specific time, but I'm not so sure given the needs of the baby. Thanks for your advice.

Disclaimer: Since babies are usually a hot topic, I hereby promise that I'll whisk her out of the dining room at the first hint of a cry. :p

As I am sure you have already discovered, a SCHEDULE is very important with a baby.

YOU will have the easiest time in MTD if you dine at the same time each night with the same wait team. They will see that your high chair is in place and that you are served promptly. Baby's needs trump Dad's preferences this time! (not to mention YOUR peace of mind and general sense of well-being ;))

As I am sure you have already discovered, a SCHEDULE is very important with a baby.

YOU will have the easiest time in MTD if you dine at the same time each night with the same wait team. They will see that your high chair is in place and that you are served promptly. Baby's needs trump Dad's preferences this time! (not to mention YOUR peace of mind and general sense of well-being ;))

I agree! I just went into my reservation and booked 6:45 for each night. The baby is a bit of a night owl (usual bedtime is 11'ish), so hopefully that time will work well for us.

In my experience, the dining room staff are ALWAYS very attentive to a baby's needs. They'll get everything from highchair to finger food for her very quickly, and there are plenty of 4 tops available. The way the kitchen serving lines work in the MTD section, you'll be better able to ask the servers to move things on at a little quicker pace if you see the early signs of her getting a bit antsy (or stick to a more leisurely pace if she's content people watching, playing with the silverware, or if she falls asleep).

I agree! I just went into my reservation and booked 6:45 for each night. The baby is a bit of a night owl (usual bedtime is 11'ish), so hopefully that time will work well for us.

The good part about MTD is that if that time doesn't fit well, you can always change it.

We have MTD and wonder if can we bring DD & maybe DS to an earlier dinner and then go back later for a dinner for DH and I? It wouldn't be every nite, just once on our actual anniversary? It is a port day (4 pm to 11 pm) so I'm thinking that most people will be off the ship this nite. Is this even possible? or do I have to plan on taking them to buffet that nite?

When you ask for a high chair, ask for one with a working seat belt. Some of them do not have the belts attached. Also, to get fruits or vegetables steamed and/or pureed for the baby, we asked each day for specific foods for the following day, so they aways had it ready for us when we arrived. Also, we broght along a blow up pool which we put in the bottom of the shower to use as a bathtub. Worked great! Any other questions, just ask. I'll be happy to answer them.

Archived