Half Moon Cay-Private Cabana's

MarMac

I'm traveling on the Zuiderdam on November 5th, 2005. I'd like to book a private cabana, but I noticed that on the excursion page they are colored coded ie: Private Cabana-Terra Cotta, Sky Blue, etc. Is there any particular reason why? Is one a better placement than the other or are they all the same? I also noticed that you cannot upgrade to the butler service with the yellow cabana, which made me wonder if there was a difference between the cabanas.

Also, it has a limited capacity. Does anyone know what the total capacity is?

Thanks for any information.

Have never been there, but I can tell you what I've read on the boards---

There's basicly no difference in the cabanas other than color and location. Now, what constitutes a "better" location is in the eyes of the beholder:

Do you want a short walk from the dock? :)

To be far from the madding crowds? :rolleyes:

Near the restrooms? Food? Bar? :D

If you can't book butler service in the yellow cabana I have no clue as to why. :confused:

Cabana's are for four people.

Also, I see that you just registered, and this is your first post. Welcome to the HAL board! :)

The yellow cabana is farthest down the beach and very isolated and they can not get the sand buggies down that far.

The price of $219 is for up to 4 people BUT you can book additional people for an additional fee.

I have the turquiose booked for my April/05 cruise because it is centrally located and not far from the restrooms and food pavillion.

With the outdoor connected decks they can hold 6 ppl comfortably.

Steve Hayes

Thank you all for the information. I knew there had to be something up with the yellow cabana. I will book the Turquoise cabana as it sounds like what I'm looking for. RuthC, thanks for the welcome, it was truly appreciated.

Mary

MarMac, We had the Sky Blue cabana last month and it was worth every penny!! Good location and the cabana stewards made sure you had everything you could want. Brought us drinks and lunch and checked on us frequently. We invited one of our table mates to share it with us as it was only my husband and I. You will surely enjoy it.

Mary Ann

How early were you able to book the cabana? I tried, but then was told that I had to wait unitl approximately 60 days prior to departure.

Thanks again, you've all been very helpful to me.

Mary

I booked the end of Nov/04 for my April/05 cruise. If you wait until 60 days out there is a very good chance that they will already be booked. The 60 day announcement is HAL's stock answer however they are available earlier. I would check once a week until you get it booked.

Steve Hayes

How early were you able to book the cabana? I tried, but then was told that I had to wait unitl approximately 60 days prior to departure.

Thanks again, you've all been very helpful to me.

Mary

Does the price of $219.00 include food and drink being delivered to the cabana??

We rented the turquoise cabana ! We were given a priority tender pass with our cabana rental and were on the first tender out! Painless to say the least, as we expected worse from past posts. Also with the cabana rental you get to take the last tender off at 4pm so we didn’t have to wait in line then either. We loved the cabana! It came with an ice chest filled with 12 cans of soda pop and 4 waters, there was fresh fruit basket and flowers on the table, in the refrigerator (in the cupboard – lots of space to store personal stuff in too) was sliced fruit plate, olives, veggies & dip plate, salsa, avocado dip and chips, 2 lounge chairs with mist’ers, fresh water shower on deck, We had mats and snorkel gear for 4. We had 6 washcloths in ice cold water with ice packed on top, for our faces or body to cool down with. Our cabana guy was “Mario” and was he ever great! He was always making sure we had everything we needed or wanted, he brought us extra towels too.

BBQ lunch served to us in our cabana, wow we had enough food to feed an army, Mario took our orders for meats, so we all got what we wanted, he brought us all kinds of salads ( 5 different kinds I think), more cut-up fresh fruit, and deserts, The island BBQ is very good.

After that we spent most of the time in the water and over to the rocks to snorkel, tons of fish come around you. They seemed anxious to see people. We felt it was well worth the money, what a day of being spoiled in Paradise!

Actually, Steve Hayes made an error in calling in the "turquoise" cabana ... it is actually "MY" cabana:D .

With the $219 you get 2 cabana boys. This worked great for us and they waited on us hand and foot, but others have said they never saw their guys so luck of the draw I guess.

But they are great! Book one if you can.

And, Steve, say "hi" to "MY" cabana;)

Heather ,

Thank you.

Also it looks like your ann. is about the same time as ours 10/25, we are going a little early, as my husband's/ and my job gets busy in Oct. for the fall colors. This year will be our 19th, so your one year a head!

Nancy

THANKS ZIGGY!!

I thought you had to pay more (than $219.00) to have a "cabana guy"?? Did they fill the cooler w/ beer if requested? My in-laws, d.w. and myself are not soda drinkers..;)

You will be given a request form on board to specify which kind of drinks you want in your cooler. Enjoy your cabana!!

Heather ,

Thank you.

Also it looks like your ann. is about the same time as ours 10/25, we are going a little early, as my husband's/ and my job gets busy in Oct. for the fall colors. This year will be our 19th, so your one year a head!

Nancy

Actually, we're taking our anniversary cruise in October, but our actual anniversary is April 13th. I couldn't get any really special cruise in April that fit everything we wanted. But thanks for noticing!!!:)

THANKS ZIGGY!!

I thought you had to pay more (than $219.00) to have a "cabana guy"?? Did they fill the cooler w/ beer if requested? My in-laws, d.w. and myself are not soda drinkers..;)

Nope, you pay for all beers but he will go get them for you :)

Nope, you pay for all beers but he will go get them for you :)

Last April, we rented a cabana and were offered an unlimited beverage package for $15 per person. The cabana boys kept us well stocked with Heinekens, Margarhitas or what ever else we wanted throughout the day. They even had a bottle of Chivas Regal brought over from the ship, just because thats what one of us wanted. Well worth the $15 fee.

The cabanas are great.

Tim

Archived