Pacific Jewel

Sandielle

You have to click to take control of the cam Sandi. You dont get much time and it moves around fairly slowly, but yes you can make it move.

Thanks for that info, David.

I am having trouble uploading to Photobucket since they updated it a week or so ago. Used to be able to drag the mouse down to upload a URL from the web, now it won't let me - it shows From My Computer and I can drag down to Web, but it won't change. Don't know if it is because I use Opera. Haven't had time to try to sort it out yet, but there must be an answer. :cool:

It is great to see the Pacific Jewel made it out of dry dock this morning, and currently is 24 kms off the sydney coast on a 120 drgee heading with a speed of 13.2 knots.

I do hope it all goes well today and they cruise tomorrow as plained.

At one stage there they had it up to 19.6 kt. I didn't know it could go that fast.

I saw that! The Dawn's and Jewel's maximum speed is 22.5 knots (on a downhill run :D ).

The captain told us the ship had got to 21 knots after being painted with 'slippery' paint at the last refurb.

P&O lastest up date

Pacific Jewel update

Hi everyone, thank you for your continuing interest in Pacific Jewel – we know you are keen for news. Just to confirm that Jewel is leaving Sydney Harbour for her sea trial and she will be at sea for a number of hours. As we mentioned in previous updates, the main repair project was completed in dry dock and in recent days we’ve been painstakingly testing all onboard operating systems to confirm everything is working well. We continue to prepare for Jewel’s departure from Sydney tomorrow on her J036 White Cloud Wonders Cruise. We will continue to update you.

Pacific Jewel Update -- Good News

by P&O Cruises Australia on Friday, November 26, 2010 at 8:55pm

Hi Everyone .... We have good news in from Pacific Jewel. Today’s sea trial has gone well and, after putting Jewel through her paces, our technical experts are pleased. Jewel is heading back to Sydney Harbour ready to receive her passengers for tomorrow’s J036 White Cloud Wonders Cruise. Thank you all for patience and understanding during this time. Jewel’s officers and crew can’t wait to welcome you on board tomorrow.

The Sun's a bit slower, but it's still capable of that (sometimes!).

We were on the Pacific Sky in 2004. It left Noumea 6 hours late at about midnight. The captain had all 3 boilers fired up and we were sitting on 21 kt till we were back on schedule. He said the fuel cost to do that was $100 000!!

max speed for Pacific Dawn is 22.5 knots.

max speed for Pacific sun is 21.7 knots.

max speed for Pacific jewel is 19.5 knots that cruiseing wik does not give it max speed.

max speed for Pacific pearl is 21.5 knots.

Archived