Deluxe Veranda Suite...

pgphoto

My husband & I are sailing with my parents in Jan. (Eurodam). We all have VH guarantees (two separate staterooms). We were thinking about "upgrading" my parent's stateroom "behind their back". A VH is currently $649.00, a Superior is currently $999.00, and a Deluxe is currently $1,499.00. If we upgraded them, we'd want to do the Deluxe since it offers so much more. I don't think we could afford much more than $300.00 to upgrade their room. They already paid $699.00 for the room, so I guess that means the Deluxe would have to come down to $999.00, or HAL would have to give us a special offer before the cruise or something. ANY chance of this happening?? Thanks!

We just sailed Eurodam in Deluxe Veranda Suite and I assure you it was more than $999. We booked very last minute for us.... after final payment had been due so price would have been lowered if they needed to fill the cabins.

I wouldn't count on getting it for so low a price but who knows? Anything can happen. We have heard of very low priced 'upsells'.

You could upgrade to an SZ or SY guarantee and hope HAL offers an upsell to the full suite. The SY cabins are a lot larger and perhaps they'd like the room. I know the larger bathroom is nice to have as it has two sinks, a tub and a separate shower.

We had an SY and just got a $100/pp upsell to a deluxe suite. However, this is the first and only time we've ever gotten this offer. I'm not sure if it's due to the time of year or our TA or the computer went crazy and no one noticed :)

My husband & I are sailing with my parents in Jan. (Eurodam). We all have VH guarantees (two separate staterooms). We were thinking about "upgrading" my parent's stateroom "behind their back". A VH is currently $649.00, a Superior is currently $999.00, and a Deluxe is currently $1,499.00. If we upgraded them, we'd want to do the Deluxe since it offers so much more. I don't think we could afford much more than $300.00 to upgrade their room. They already paid $699.00 for the room, so I guess that means the Deluxe would have to come down to $999.00, or HAL would have to give us a special offer before the cruise or something. ANY chance of this happening?? Thanks!

Very thoughtful. Hope your parents enjoy any sort of gesture that you arrange :)

I can't tell you how likely you are to get the same deal we got, but we did what others have recommended - book a SY superior suite and hope for an upgrade opportunity. We were offered an upgrade to a SA deluxe suite for $200 per passenger bringing our pre-tax/fee total to $1065 ea. - not too far from the $999 you are looking for.

Good luck.

Archived