Coral Dancing

KC Dan

Where is the best dance floor on the Coral? It's been awhile since we were on its sister ship the Island and I can't recall the best lounges. Since then we started taking ballroom lessons- for the last four years now-and we really like to dance when we get a chance. The last cruise we took was on the Regent Seven Seas Navigator and the dance floors were tiny.

Where is the best dance floor on the Coral? It's been awhile since we were on its sister ship the Island and I can't recall the best lounges. Since then we started taking ballroom lessons- for the last four years now-and we really like to dance when we get a chance. The last cruise we took was on the Regent Seven Seas Navigator and the dance floors were tiny.

I would also appreciate finding out the scheduling of dancing on the Coral as it seems Princess has really reduced the dancing on the others......

we cruise to dance and it gets less everytime we go...........

I would also appreciate finding out the scheduling of dancing on the Coral as it seems Princess has really reduced the dancing on the others......

we cruise to dance and it gets less everytime we go...........

Our experience on the past two cruises has been just the opposite - Princess is providing more opportunities for ballroom dancing, likely as a result of the interest coming from "Dancing with the Stars". Our Star Princess cruise to South America even had a ballroom dancing contest.

They will typically use a larger dance floor venue, like Vista Lounge or Explorer's Lounge and will schedule dancing to recorded music during the early evening (same time as 1st seating Traditional). Look for this in your Princess Patters once onboard. If you don't see it, then ask.

While typically a little smaller, The Wheelhouse Bar (same name on many ships) offers the consistently best dancing opportunities, and the band takes requests. We dance every cruise, and it is part of what makes cruising so much fun for us.

Our experience on the past two cruises has been just the opposite - Princess is providing more opportunities for ballroom dancing, likely as a result of the interest coming from "Dancing with the Stars". Our Star Princess cruise to South America even had a ballroom dancing contest.

They will typically use a larger dance floor venue, like Vista Lounge or Explorer's Lounge and will schedule dancing to recorded music during the early evening (same time as 1st seating Traditional). Look for this in your Princess Patters once onboard. If you don't see it, then ask.

While typically a little smaller, The Wheelhouse Bar (same name on many ships) offers the consistently best dancing opportunities, and the band takes requests. We dance every cruise, and it is part of what makes cruising so much fun for us.

We just came off the Crown sat......we had a fantastic group in the Wheelhouse but the dance schedule keeps getting shorter and shorter...no longer music in Explorers except for late nite or fill in between comedy acts....we spent too much time searching for good dance music,,,,,it is one place that Princess is cutting and it is the only reason we cruise, our crusing days may be coming to and end

We just finished a 10 day cruise on the Emerald and found the dance music to be pretty boring! We love the caribbean style calypso/salsa style music and there wasn't any of that (except during sea days by the pool). Most of the music was Fred Astair stuff and there weren't too many people on the dance floor even then! Princess needs to focus on some younger bands playing dance music like RCI! We would be dancing there until 1am every night!!

We just finished a 10 day cruise on the Emerald and found the dance music to be pretty boring! We love the caribbean style calypso/salsa style music and there wasn't any of that (except during sea days by the pool). Most of the music was Fred Astair stuff and there weren't too many people on the dance floor even then! Princess needs to focus on some younger bands playing dance music like RCI! We would be dancing there until 1am every night!!

We were on the Emerald a month ago and was very pleased with the dance bands they had on the ship. The Wheelhouse had Phoenix Rising, which I think should have still been there on your cruise. They had a great selection of music and kept everyone dancing all night long. the other band was called Fusion and they also had a great following. I guess everyone has there own interpretation of what music they feel should be on the ships. One thing I will say is that I didn't consider any of it Fred Astaire STUFF.

Totally agree BJCANDY, we understand you - my DH and I love to dance...where's the fun without dancing on ship and great music and entertainers...we cruise to dance and it gets less everytime we go... Good Luck on your next cruise.

I am just getting ready to call Princess and find out who to talk to about the scheduling .....i know how to find out who is playing but don't know how to get anything done about the quantity and quality.......have done 7 cruises on princess in the last 12 months so someone should listen.........am certainly going to try.

Just came off a 20-day BTB on the Coral Princess. The Universe Lounge had ballroom dancing on various nights featuring the ship's band and included the dance instructors. For those who mentioned the "Vista Lounge" on the Grand Series, there isn't one on the Coral. It is called the Universe Lounge and is on deck 6 and 7 aft.

DSMERYAGE,

Is there a discotecque on the Coral (would you know)- don't see one on the revised deck plans since it was ondry dock...or maybe I need a new set of glasses; old age kicking in. thank you in advance -

No, there isn't a dedicated disco, like Skywalker's on the Grand-class or Razzmatazz [i think that's what it's called] on the Sun-class. On the Coral late night they had a dj in Explorer's for dancing. Not that there were ever very many in there on our cruise, besides a handful of us hanging at the bar drinking.

Thank you for your reply on the disco...so I think my eyesight is still good and do not need glasses; kept searching on usual decks and was a little disappointed not to have seen disco....ah well! We may look into another itinerary anyhow since DH loves to rock and roll...

We just returned from the Coral Princess Panama Caanal cruise on Nov 15. The best places for dancing are the Explorers Lounge followed by the Wheelhouse Bar. There is also dancing nightly in the Bayou Cafe.

• 4 months later...

Archived