?? problems on Liberty 10/31 to 11/7/10??

MiniMom57

I heard from a passenger on this cruise that half the ship was taken over by bikers and that it was a horrendous week for them. This huge group used to be called Hogs On the High Seas, but apparently took the "hogs" part out of their name this year. Was this to avoid detection so the rest of the cabins would sell?

This person (a co-worker of my husband who has cruised multiple times) has stories of extreme rowdiness, rude behavior, shows ruined by heckling, smoking in the halls, drunk people throwing up and passing out all over the ship, decorations and artwork being ruined.... the list goes on. He said that when the bikers were in their group activities, the atmosphere of the ship was more relaxed and quiet, but as soon as the meetings/activities let out, many of the non-biker passengers quickly retreated to the safety of their cabins!

I am shocked that I haven't seen anything about this here on CC! Allowing such behavior to take over a ship full of people ruined the cruise for so many people. If it were MY hard-earned money, I would be up in arms!:mad:

My son and I were on this cruise. It was the Freedom. The crowd was loud, colorful and fun to watch.

Were some people upset and less tolerant, yes. Leaned about the group when given a letter at boarding. I will say that we cruised for $349 for an inside cabin. At that price, we adjusted to our surroundings!

I heard from a passenger on this cruise that half the ship was taken over by bikers and that it was a horrendous week for them. This huge group used to be called Hogs On the High Seas, but apparently took the "hogs" part out of their name this year. Was this to avoid detection so the rest of the cabins would sell?

This person (a co-worker of my husband who has cruised multiple times) has stories of extreme rowdiness, rude behavior, shows ruined by heckling, smoking in the halls, drunk people throwing up and passing out all over the ship, decorations and artwork being ruined.... the list goes on. He said that when the bikers were in their group activities, the atmosphere of the ship was more relaxed and quiet, but as soon as the meetings/activities let out, many of the non-biker passengers quickly retreated to the safety of their cabins!

I am shocked that I haven't seen anything about this here on CC! Allowing such behavior to take over a ship full of people ruined the cruise for so many people. If it were MY hard-earned money, I would be up in arms!:mad:

My first guess would be that they changed the name so that they could trademark it. In response to an attempt by Harley-Davidson some years ago, the courts have ruled that Hog(s) is not trademarkable.

Maybe you haven't heard about it here because most people didn't think it was that bad. I wouldn't put too much stock in the opinions of one person. What one person finds unacceptable, many others may think are acceptable. I know I've been on cruises where small groups of passengers were irate over issues that I just took in stride.

If you want to see for yourself, they're on a HAL ship next June - Now that ought to be interesting. :)

Archived