Now That We've Had Time to get Used to Them?

sail7seas

Thankfully, we were able to do one cruise before the folders went away. It is a treasure and I look forward to seeing the Green with envy looks from fellow passengers at the terminal who will recognize it for what it once meant:)

Joanie

Don't count on any "green with envy" passengers! LOL! I've been using my folders since e-docs started to be the norm and no one has ever looked twice.

I finally realized that people aren't really looking at my feet on formal nights either.:D Lots of stuff I used to stress over that was all a waste of time.

And one of those things was e-docs. Like everyone I was just miserable, but we've been getting e-docs now for 5 years so we are way used to them. It's only recently that you have to pay for real paper:).

So I'm used to it now and actually like it better. I love filling in the information (myself) online and printing out my "pass". Just shows we really do adjust to almost anything ... just takes time.

We really like edocs. We only need to take on or two pieces of paper vs that bundle that the cruise lines previously mailed out or couriered out to us.. We never took everything that they sent-most of it ended up in the reclycle before we left home. It was even worse when we took our children with us.

I love having the e:docs. I've printed our "signature preferred boarding passes" three times.

When the Express Docs were first available I printed them. Then our waitlisted Dining Time came through and I reprinted them. Then (after much discussion) DH and I decided to try to switch to an SA Suite. I called HAL, one was available ... so I had to reprint them again.

I love that as soon as changes were made I could go in and reprint and be "up to date" in my trip folder. :D

What do people who are not on computers do? There are some of them you know.

I wondered the same thing until we booked a trip through an agency where the agent printed everything out for us on their color printer, including luggage tags. And they gave it to us along with one of their nylon ticket folders, as well as plastic luggage tags into which they put the paper HAL luggage tags.

Well, that saved us some toner!

I have mixed feelings about the e-documents.

I do love the fact that you can print them out at any time (once the timeframe for your cruise is near).

But I also loved getting the cruise info in the mail. Getting that package from the cruiseline made the cruise seem valid.

I'm not sure about HAL, but I do know on Carnival you can still get the paper documents,but you have to pay an outrageous fee to do so.

Archived