Taxis at Barcelona Port

After our cruise we are getting our own flights back home from Barcelona airport so we will need transport to the airport are there likely to be taxis waiting at the port to transport people to the airport ?

Yes, but we noticed a long line of people cueing for taxis when we drove up on embarkation day. The previous cruise still had passengers in the taxi line at 10:30 am. This was Sept. 12th of this year. We researched the CC boards and decided to book Autosvilar dot com. It is a bit higher - 60 Euros each way (flat rate including baggage and tips). We were able to split the fee with another CC couple on our roll call.

To me, it was the smartest thing we did. The driver was at the airport when we got off the plane (embarkation day) and was waiting after baggage claim with a sign with our names on it. Drove us straight to the ship.

After the cruise, we had an early flight (10:45 am) on debarkation day, I had them waiting at 8:00 am. They were there and waiting and took us directly to BCN airport. Made the flight - NO PROBLEMS. Perhaps others can weigh in. If you have any delays arriving back to port, then you could have problems catching a flight as early as we did. But if we had relied on a taxi - I fear we would have never caught a 10:45 am flight home.

It was a very secure feeling to have the personalized service that Autosvilar provided.

Yes, but we noticed a long line of people cueing for taxis when we drove up on embarkation day. The previous cruise still had passengers in the taxi line at 10:30 am. This was Sept. 12th of this year. We researched the CC boards and decided to book Autosvilar dot com. It is a bit higher - 60 Euros each way (flat rate including baggage and tips). We were able to split the fee with another CC couple on our roll call.

To me, it was the smartest thing we did. The driver was at the airport when we got off the plane (embarkation day) and was waiting after baggage claim with a sign with our names on it. Drove us straight to the ship.

After the cruise, we had an early flight (10:45 am) on debarkation day, I had them waiting at 8:00 am. They were there and waiting and took us directly to BCN airport. Made the flight - NO PROBLEMS. Perhaps others can weigh in. If you have any delays arriving back to port, then you could have problems catching a flight as early as we did. But if we had relied on a taxi - I fear we would have never caught a 10:45 am flight home.

It was a very secure feeling to have the personalized service that Autosvilar provided.

Thank you so much that was very helpful , our flight isnt until 3pm and hopefuly we will get off the ship earliest as possible ( i believe you can request early disembarkation if you have an early flight ) so i think we will make it to the airport in time even if we have to line up for a little while .

In May when we sailed there was plenty of taxis and no lines first thing in the morning, but when we debarked at 10.30 there was very long lines but there was plenty of taxis and the line was supervised we only waited 10 minutes before we were on our way. When I first saw the length of the line I thought we would be in for a long wait and was very surprised at how quickly it moved.

Taxis are available in large numbers at the airport and port.

The drivers speak little english so write down the cruise terminal address and watch for the bearth as you cross the bridge to the port.

The price varies according to luggage, passengers and day of the week. 30 -35 euros is the average fare.

There is also late departure Program where you can stay onboard and tours that end at the airport.

Taxi takes about half an hour.

Last departure from the ship is 9.15 am.

Hope it helps

g

The driver we had taking us to the airport last year spoke absolutely no english. Make sure you have your the name of your airline written down in spanish if you don't speak the language, as well any other questions you think you will need to ask. We had a digital translator with us that helped a lot with basic communication.

Check your reservations for your terminal number. DD and I blissfully got into our cab a few weeks ago and told the cabbie (who didn't speak English) that we wanted to go to American Airlines. He kept asking us which airport. I finally pulled out my confirmation and saw Terminal 1. That made him happy. We later saw the split in the highway that had one way to Terminal 1 and another to Terminal 2. It's quite possible that another cabbie would know that American only goes out of Terminal 1 (if that's the case - I really don't know), but our cabbie did not.

The driver we had taking us to the airport last year spoke absolutely no english. Make sure you have your the name of your airline written down in spanish if you don't speak the language, as well any other questions you think you will need to ask. We had a digital translator with us that helped a lot with basic communication.

Check your reservations for your terminal number. DD and I blissfully got into our cab a few weeks ago and told the cabbie (who didn't speak English) that we wanted to go to American Airlines. He kept asking us which airport. I finally pulled out my confirmation and saw Terminal 1. That made him happy. We later saw the split in the highway that had one way to Terminal 1 and another to Terminal 2. It's quite possible that another cabbie would know that American only goes out of Terminal 1 (if that's the case - I really don't know), but our cabbie did not.

Thank you both for this good advice , i hadnt thought of the language barrier , hopefuly by showing the documents they will understand where we want to go .

Thank you both for this good advice , i hadnt thought of the language barrier , hopefuly by showing the documents they will understand where we want to go .

Always have someone put your destination in writing in the local language. Hand it to the driver and wait for him to acknowledge he understands before you get underway. That way a driver can never claim he didn't understand and take you out of your way to run the fare up. I've done it all over the world.

Mike

If you self-disembark, the taxi line won't be long. We've made a 10:30 flight by disembarking ourselves.

However, once we were staying in Barcelona for the night so we were in no hurry to get off the ship since our hotel room would probably not be ready. We were literally the last off the ship (with a lot of other people in the same situation) and the taxi line was long. But, it was very organized (they have it set up like ride lines at Disney World) so you didn't have people cutting in front of you or hijacking a cab like you do at Miami or FLL. I think the whole process from ship to inside a cab was maybe 40-50 minutes keeping in mind we probably got in the line when it was its longest. Of course, the cabbie was not happy we weren't going to the airport but that's the breaks of life. He tried to make it up by driving down Las Ramblas (very slow in traffic) but when we saw him headed that direction we told him to take a parallel street. He was more unhappy (lol).

They were loading people as fast as they could and there was never a wait for a cab as they were lined up and several were loading at the same time so the line moved fast. It was nowhere near the 2 hours the ship will tell you the wait could be when trying to sell you their transfers.

By the way, the cab drivers there do not expect a tip other than to "round up" to the next euro. We've given them 20 euros for a 17 euro tab (luggage is extra so the final price will not be what is on the meter but shouldn't be more than an euro extra a bag) and they have given us back 3 euros and turned away to get back in their cab.

Tucker in Texas

Thank you so much that was very helpful , our flight isnt until 3pm and hopefuly we will get off the ship earliest as possible ( i believe you can request early disembarkation if you have an early flight ) so i think we will make it to the airport in time even if we have to line up for a little while .
If you can handle your bags OK it's real easy to take the port bus, walk across the street to the subway station then take the train to the airport. If you want to research this look here. http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/

We were told it was hard to get a Taxi out of the Barcelona port in the morning, so we got off at 7:30 am. Took like minutes to get our luggage and Taxi's were plentiful. Wish we would have slept in, too much waiting time at the airport. This was in November, probably not the same advice for summer sailings (more crowded).

Archived