Splendor San Diego Bound

Wennfred

Boy, all of the Media attention here in San Diego, this one beats our Swing Flu Cruise onboard Splendor for sure.

They should be arriving around Noon time to a very beautiful San Diego Day.

The main thing is that everyone is ok and alive. No one harmed is a good thing.

Fred, San Diego Ca.

Wendy has a friend from work there on board Splendor so we will get the scoop as to what they will be getting, from what the Media is staying, Free Cruise and this one is fully refunded.

San Diego Cruise Terminal Webcam here:

http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?name=/ecodb/1amnorth

Fred

Hi Fred .. we missed you. They are also supposed to get reimbursed for transportation home or hotels until friday or some such the news has said.

Welcome back to CC, hope you stick around.

Thanks, I am guessing that the ship could be repaired here at one of the Ship Yards (Southwest Marine or Nassco) located alittle south from the Cruise Terminal. They specialize mainly on Naval ships. Also, Transportation to the Airport is much easier then if they were going out of Long Beach. The trip to the Airport is only 5 minutes from the cruise terminal.

Customs here is a breeze!!!

Fred

We will be interested in your first hand account from your friend onboard.

For new folks, Fred is half of Fred and Wendy, and he was known for having a picture of anything people asked about. You wanted to know, Fred had the picture for it, and it was a great photo. He is the picture man to me. He also had the 1As with two windows before they turned to 6Bs, named after him, people would just say the wennfred cabin and we all knew what they meant.

I play computer games too... but not like the ones you are playing. Come back to CC.

I am so surprised, these types of ships that are built today are suppose to be so high tech, these ships carry more then one engine located in various sections of the ship, in other words, power should of been re-route to power other parts of the ship to get her moving again. Crippled but still able to function. Naval ships are configured this way.

Goes to show you how bad this fire was. Terrorism?

World of Warcraft has me so busy. The new expansion is coming out Dec 7th so Im going to be gone again lol.

Fred

With all of the help from the USCG and US Navy, today makes a very good day to celebrate Veterans Day

I am sure that the U.S. Navy and maybe a few Marines will be down there assisting with the port or disembarkation.

Amazing that an Aircraft carrier came to the rescue.

Fred

Repairs are going to be done here in San Diego according to a Carnival RP person. If the ship can go under the Coronado Bay Bridge then it will surely go to one of the ship yards due to the heavy equipment thats needed.

They are currently showing the people up on deck.

Fred

Alot of Salads, Fruits, some mystery meat for cold cuts is what one San Diego passengers is saying on our local news station Fox News.

Alot of Adult Beverages LOL.. Lots of drinks for free. This passenger is having a nice time. The moral is great on the ship, this guy and his family are having a good time.

He stated that there was a electrical melt down in the engine room. Carnival Engineers took care of it right away.

Everything is being Refunded, even chargers on the first day. Free Cruise included on top of that.

She is no more then 100 yards from the Pier.

Fred

Alot of Salads, Fruits, some mystery meat for cold cuts is what one San Diego passengers is saying on our local news station Fox News.

Alot of Adult Beverages LOL.. Lots of drinks for free. This passenger is having a nice time. The moral is great on the ship, this guy and his family are having a good time.

He stated that there was a electrical melt down in the engine room. Carnival Engineers took care of it right away.

Everything is being Refunded, even chargers on the first day. Free Cruise included on top of that.

Fred

... I'd have loved that, if it was all shopping?? wow, you are singing my song.

... I'd have loved that, if it was all shopping?? wow, you are singing my song.

This Passenger is still talking to Fox News local channel 69 and in good spirits, he is chatting on this cell phone from the 10th deck balcony, he stated that Carnival was even giving alot of stuff away. I am guessing that they learned from our Swing Flu Cruise.

He said John the CD is doing a great job keeping them updated, overall the crew is doing a good job to keep everyone happy.

They had more problems with sewage in the 4th and 5th decks and below. People in the 10th decks were doing much better especially if you had windows or balcony.

Fred

This Passenger is still talking to Fox News local channel 69 and in good spirits, he is chatting on this cell phone from the 10th deck balcony, he stated that Carnival was even giving alot of stuff away. I am guessing that they learned from our Swing Flu Cruise.

Fred

I was reading the other posts and thinking this sounded familiar...and that would be because I had the same thing going. :) Can't wait to hear from all of the negative nellies. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the play by play!

All National and Local media parked across the street with their Satellite dishes etc. Going to be a crazy day today when these people get off the ship.

First ship of this Size here in San Diego, dont recall any other ship bigger the 113,000 Gross Tons here.

Fred

So, is Carnnival giving a cruise credit for Splendor, plus the free one, thats two cruise credits for free? I guess they will have to.

Yep, thats what the media has been saying and this guy that was just on the phone confirmed it. He said anything purchased on day one (Sunday) was refunded as well.

Carnival is getting alot better on how to accomidate passengers with this problem, but I am sure that CD John Herld had alot to do with it too.

One of or the Most Senior CD with Carnival has alot of pull with the Corporate office.

Fred

This is cool, they interviewed a dad on the pier that stated this daughter went on her very first cruise, it was a girls cruise only.

He contacted Carnival and they kept the families updated, even gave them a specific website to go on to check all updates.

Fred

Drove by the Splendor this morning around 6am on my way home and she was lit up, almost all lights on and smoke coming from one of her smoke stacks, she looks great.

Rick Roberts, an AM Radio nationwide talk host had a passenger on the radio with him this morning.

Boarded Sunday Afternoon, all was great and like many onboard packed it in early that first day.

Early morning Monday he was awaken by vibration, kinda like when the Achor drops, the ship calls for General Quarters and the crew goes to work.

He had a balcony and went outside, I could see that the ship was dead in the water and with alot of black smoking coming from the smoke stack.

The CD John Hearld kept everyone posted, so far 1 hour goes by and no announcement about lifeboat drill etc.

After 2 hours he knew they were in some type of trouble.

They drifted about 60 miles south before the first Tug made it to them. They had sent 4 Tugs to but 2 of the tugs broke down on the way there.

The plan was to tow them to Ensenada Mx, Finally a 2nd Tug joined in and they were pushing 7 Knots.

Food started to go bad and the toilets were down for around 2 days, toilets were a major priority and were back online around Wednesday or Thursday.

Around Tuesday he looked outside of his balcony to find an Aircraft Carrier around 100 yards from them. He also saw the Helos dropping off supplies and food, he stated it was amazing to see this show go on. The Helo would pick up a Pallet and drop it off in no time.

He and other tourist assisted the Elderly with going up and down the different levels and getting them food. The crew was busy doing their other jobs.

He also stated that overall everyone was ok, especially when they open the bars on Tuesday. Free Drinks for everyone. Most people with Balconies kept their doors open so that the inside cabin passengers could get some light. If you had an Inside cabin you needed some type of light.

He also stated if you made any purchases on day one, they were also covered. Full Refund, Lots of stuff given away and also a free cruise to match the price of this cruise.

Fred

Archived