Majesty or Sky?

My family will be in town in January and I'd like to take them on a 4 night cruise on either the NCL Sky or the RCCL Majesty of the Seas.

Questions:

1) are the 4 night cruises relatively "calmer" and less "party-like" than the 3 night cruises?

2) which ship is more preferrable in terms of beauty, enjoyment, and space: the Sky or Majesty? Both depart on the same day and are relatively the same price.

Thank you for your insight! :)

As far as the " party " atmosphere I've really never noticed a difference as far as the cruise being a 3 or 4 day. I think RCCL has a little bit more of a subdued crowd than NCL. As for the ships, Majesty IMO is decorated more elegantly than Sky. However Sky to me seemed more open and I liked the open aft dining area on the sky. I probably didn't help much going back and forth but I like both ships and you can't go wrong on either ship.

My family will be in town in January and I'd like to take them on a 4 night cruise on either the NCL Sky or the RCCL Majesty of the Seas.

Questions:

1) are the 4 night cruises relatively "calmer" and less "party-like" than the 3 night cruises?

2) which ship is more preferrable in terms of beauty, enjoyment, and space: the Sky or Majesty? Both depart on the same day and are relatively the same price.

Thank you for your insight! :)

Yes, the 4 night cruises are calmer because they fall during the middle of the week, not the weekend. I was on the 4 nighter on Majesty in March and had no problem with a "party-like" crowd. I have not been on the Sky so I can't compare but Majesty went throudg a major overhaul in '07 and another refurb this year. She is in beautiful shape.

Both ships are what you make of them. In my past experiences I have noticed the Sky normally has a younger crowd and a little more roudy. The Sky had things going on all night and the Majesty kind of shut down at midnight. I felt the Majesty was a nicer ship and had far superior food. The food on the Sky was the worst we have had on 10+ cruises. You will enjoy either ship. Another thing to remember is Majesty goes to Nassau on Sunday which means a lot of the shops close at 1:00. Out of the private islands I prefer the Royal Caribbeans island a lot more. Enjoy.

I have only been on Majesty but had friends go on Sky and they loved it, this was their first cruise however.

I would like to try the Sky sometime BUT not now. As I understand it they are refurbing their private island right now and it is not real enjoyable due to all the noise of construction. (Note: CocoCay is WONDERFUL!!!)

You might want to check NCL board to find out when completion might be.

Tim

I have done both ships for their weekend cruises to Nassau and their private islands.

I prefered the Majesty, I think it was nicer. But what I REALLY preferrred is CocoCay (RCCL) over Great Stirrup Cay (NCL).

When you get off the tender on Coco, it's beautiful. Colorful. Real buildings, etc. It's just paradise. When you get off the tender on Great Stirrup, it's like they just brought you to an "island'. Which, could indeed be a blessing to some, but I preferred Coco.

One thing I didn't love on NCL was the freedining (or whatever they called it). I like having "OUR" dining room waiter each night, not lining up at the door and waiting to sit. This was a big part of NCL that we didn't prefer.

Don't get me wrong, if the Sky were my only option, I'd take it again, or if it were a ton cheaper, but if I could do the $$$, I'd do Majesty...

Archived