Navigator?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the Navigator of the Seas? We were married in the chapel on the Freedom in May and had an absolutely fantastic time. We are sailing on the Navigator this Feb. We can't wait to cruise again! Any major differences between Freedom and Navigator that we should expect? I'm expecting more wear and tear since it's an older ship, smaller size obviously, no flowrider (I'm sure my H won't mind since he was one of the losing-the-swim-trunks-on-flowrider-victims on Freedom ;) ) and unfortunately fewer nights. Any pictures, advice, blogs, etc. are appreciated. :)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the Navigator of the Seas? We were married in the chapel on the Freedom in May and had an absolutely fantastic time. We are sailing on the Navigator this Feb. We can't wait to cruise again! Any major differences between Freedom and Navigator that we should expect? I'm expecting more wear and tear since it's an older ship, smaller size obviously, no flowrider (I'm sure my H won't mind since he was one of the losing-the-swim-trunks-on-flowrider-victims on Freedom ;) ) and unfortunately fewer nights. Any pictures, advice, blogs, etc. are appreciated. :)

We were on Navigator last December and are going again in this year. We loved it. We didn't see anything that was that tired or worn out that it ruined our vacation. I'll gladly share our pictures when we get home. ;)

The link below will get you to the pictures from last years trip if you are interested.

http://navigatoroftheseas5ntwesterncari.shutterfly.com/

We were on Navigator last December and are going again in this year. We loved it. We didn't see anything that was that tired or worn out that it ruined our vacation. I'll gladly share our pictures when we get home. ;)

The link below will get you to the pictures from last years trip if you are interested.

http://navigatoroftheseas5ntwesterncari.shutterfly.com/

We were on Navigator about 6 months before you and I agree it looked in great shape. I had to look hard for any sign of wear. To the OP, Navigator is like a small version of Freedom, except no hot tubs hanging over the side and no Flowrider, but the layout is so similar you will feel like you have been on her before.

Just got off the Navigator TA on Sat Nov 7th and make the following observations. She is clean and well maintained looks like she was recently painted although it appears a lot of paint was put over rust. The putt putt course has new carpet on it and is in great shape.

Many of the crew was recently replaced with new to RCCL crew members and the long timers went to Allure, this resulted in what some considered less then perfect (but still not bad) service in the ship. We were satisfied but many were not. If you want some pictures, post your email address and I can send you a link.

Mike

Great photos. Are some of them from Portofino's? We leave next Saturday and have Chops reservations. Since it was only 5 nights we decided to pick Chops for a speciality restaurant. We are sailing with our 7 year old and we are doing 3 nights as a family and 2 nights just as a special "couples" night. Now I am wondering if I should try Chops AND Portofino. I know we would be happy in the dining room but would be willing to pay for Portofino to have another special "couples night"! Would you say we would get a more "intimate" couples dinner in Portofino than in the dining room? I assume that we would not share a table in Chops OR Portofino.... please someone correct me if I am wrong!

When are you going in Feb?? DH and I will be on the Feb 07,2011 sailing. We sailed on her this past Jan. We thought the ship was beautiful. Can't wait till Feb.:)

We're also going Feb 7th. :) I'm going with my Husband and one of our friends is going too. Can't wait!!

Thanks everyone for your info-checking into it now! :D

Great photos. Are some of them from Portofino's? We leave next Saturday and have Chops reservations. Since it was only 5 nights we decided to pick Chops for a speciality restaurant. We are sailing with our 7 year old and we are doing 3 nights as a family and 2 nights just as a special "couples" night. Now I am wondering if I should try Chops AND Portofino. I know we would be happy in the dining room but would be willing to pay for Portofino to have another special "couples night"! Would you say we would get a more "intimate" couples dinner in Portofino than in the dining room? I assume that we would not share a table in Chops OR Portofino.... please someone correct me if I am wrong!

Yes some of the food pictures are from Portofino. We loved it. It was much more intimate. There were tables nearby, but it was just us at our table. It was much cozier and special. We are doing Portofino again this year.

When are you going in Feb?? DH and I will be on the Feb 07,2011 sailing. We sailed on her this past Jan. We thought the ship was beautiful. Can't wait till Feb.:)

We are also on that sailing - haven't been on Navigator, really looking forward to it!

I am on the roll call thread - not a lot of action.

mikeb123 - any chance you have the compass' from your cruise? if so, could you post or send ? thanks

We were on a transatlantic and i only kept the ones for the days we were in port which included Rome, Toulon, Barcalone, Cartegana, Malaga and Tenerife.

Mike

Archived