Cruise to Cherish or Nightmare to Avoid? Readers Weigh In on Carnival Splendor

LauraS

I agree, it was such an experience. Now, I dont want to do it again lol. But that being said, it was one hell of a ride. As for the charming comment regarding namby pambys...lol wow. All I have seen is people telling what happened. Now, my experience is going to be totally different from the gentleman who was wheelchair bound that was being carried, by crew members and one passenger, down the stairs to another deck for whatever reason. OH, btw, about the pop tarts...we saw them on Wednesday morning, gold pearl dining room, I believe. We each grabbed a package (maple and brown sugar was the flavor lol) and saved them for the bus ride to Long Beach the next day! The flavor of cereal we had that morning was cinnamon toast crunch. The morning before, I had raisin bran and hubby had frosted flakes!

It is great that you made the best of it. Though, that sandwich with hot dogs, and chunks of butter almost made me hurl! The booze must have been quite a welcome distraction. When you posted those bucket pics, I was thinking... "Hmmmm an impromptu toilet?". ;)

Interesting responses, I personally would handle it fine. My husband and I are very flexible and haven't always had "perfect" vacations. Plus we can handle and take care of our selves even when things aren't ideal.

If you can't adjust to change for any reason, being medical or other wise. Then this "cruise" would have been a vacation from HELL. But if you can look and take stock of the important things, like do I have enough water and food. Even if the food isn't hot. Then you will do better.

My husband and I would be one of those that would have consider it an adventure! :D

Archived