Another question about flight times from Port Everglades

cricri7

Hi guys.....I am in the middle of booking my flights for my cruise on the Eurodam next February. I will be getting off the Eurodam on Saturday March 5th in early morning. There is a Jet blue flight from the airport at 9:40 in the morning. I always choose self disembarkation and am one of the first to get off the ship. I did that on the Celebrity Solstice in August and got to the airport very early and could get on an earlier flight. I am wondering if 9:40 is cutting it too short or will I be okay? I have to add that I have a connecting flight in New York to get back to Montreal.

What do you guys think? Is the cruise on the Eurodam usually early and easy to disembark?

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

DON'T book a flight before Noon.

Far too many things can go wrong.

On our last cruise in Oct several foreign people did not clear immigration and the ship was not cleared until after 8:30. They were even calling one couple by name and cabin number. No one could leave the ship until this was completed.

You will not be the only ship in port that day...You are sharing with Crown Princess and Ostentatious of the Seas. Not only will taxis be in high demand, but most of those folks will also be heading for the airport. Check-in lines will be horrendous. If the cruise line offers EZCheck, where you can check your bags from the ship and already have your boarding passes, or you are on Southwest and can check in online and give your bags to Bags to Go at the terminal, you might make it. Might. EM

What do you guys think? Is the cruise on the Eurodam usually early and easy to disembark?

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

Usually, yes. Once this February it arrived at 12:30 pm. :)

A couple of years ago on our first cruise (Princess) we did not put our luggage out in time so were 'forced' to self-disembark We were at the airport at 8:05 am for our 1 pm jetBlue flight. There we checked with the airline and for a fee we were able to switch to an earlier flight and were back in New York by 1:30 pm instead.

Just came off the Nieuw Amsterdam on the the 7th. No special arrangements, walked off at 7:45 and we were sitting at our departure gate at FLL at 8:30. Six ships in port, had to collect our luggage in the terminal, clear customs, grab our own cab, check in, check bags, clear security and still made it. Yes it can be done if no unusual circumstances arise.

Archived