Liberty of the Seas, Carnival Glory or Carnival Valor?

BeacheeMe

Forgive me if it's a breach of board etiquette to ask for ship comparison advice. (New here and didn't see anything about it in member guidelines.)

Trying to choose a cruise: Carnival Valor and Glory have the exact itinerary I want. RCI Liberty of the Seas has an almost-as-good itinerary but, based on reviews I've read, I wonder if the ship's nicer. Can anyone tell me anything about how these ships compare in overall niceness? (Pretty, clean, elegant common areas are important to us and add a lot to our enjoyment of a cruise. Cabins not as important, as long as they're clean.)

I've only cruised once before: It was RCI Serenade of the Seas, which I liked very much! If Glory or Valor is as nice, that's the cruise I'd choose. Thank you!

(I also posted this in Carnival forum. Hope that's OK!)

When it comes down to the ships themselves, there is no comparison between the two lines. The Liberty out shines the other two ships. I have cruised on the Liberty and Glory. I personally do not like the design of the Conquest class which the Glory is part of. Very crowded feeling in the common areas and around the pools.

I have photos of the Liberty below in my photo link. She is a beautful ship. I will see if I can find some of my photos from the Glory. She is very colorful to say the least.:)

When it comes down to the ships themselves, there is no comparison between the two lines. The Liberty out shines the other two ships. I have cruised on the Liberty and Glory. I personally do not like the design of the Conquest class which the Glory is part of. Very crowded feeling in the common areas and around the pools.

I have photos of the Liberty below in my photo link. She is a beautful ship. I will see if I can find some of my photos from the Glory. She is very colorful to say the least.:)

All I can say is WONDERFUL, the pics are great I am going on the Freedom in a few days and these pics have me so excited! I would like to ask for your permission if I could add your link so the rest of my cruise critic friends can view your pics!

All I can say is WONDERFUL, the pics are great I am going on the Freedom in a few days and these pics have me so excited! I would like to ask for your permission if I could add your link so the rest of my cruise critic friends can view your pics!

Glad that you enjoyed them and no problem with sharing the link.:)

That's a tough one!

Liberty is a gorgeous ship! We enjoy CCL as well.

It's really personal preference and you will get so many different replies.

RCL's ships are for sure more beautiful to look at.

We find the food and service better on CCL but that is not to say it's not good on RCL. We just like CCL's better. The beds on CCL are to die for. The cabins are more spacious.

You really picked two very different classes of ships.

If price is not a factor and the "look" and decor is important to you go with LOS. If price is a factor go with CCL. At some point though if your able, sail them both:p

I am the first to admit I "used" to say I would never sail CCL due to it's reputation as a party ship. Well it's not true. Both lines are the same as far as mixed age groups, families and party people. Have seen lots of all mentioned on both lines.

I am just so glad I tried CCL as we just love it and are able to sail more due to great pricing. RCL has priced us right out for now but when the right pricing comes back we will be back. Oh should say back and fourth:)

I sailed on the Glory earlier this year with my extended family and I am looking foward to sailing on RCL Freedom next fall.

I can say that I did enjoy the Glory and had a wonderful experience. I did, however find the pool area and the Red Sail (buffet) very crowded at peak times of the day.

I have only previously sailed on Royal's Sovereign of the Seas which is no longer in commision. I realized that these are two different class ships but I must say that I did prefer the MDR on Carnival over Royal's BUT the buffet on Royal wins hands down.

The staff on both lines was absolutely fantastic and have no complaints with service especially when my 4 year old woke up at 4 am on our Carnival cruise sick in his bed and the staff was so wonderful and quick getting the bed and room cleaned up for us. Our room steward seemed honestly concerned for my son's well being.

Also on my Royal cruise we were pleasently surprised to find a plate of chocolate covered strawberries for our 10th wedding anniversary waiting for us one night which was really nice since it was our very first cruise ever.

I really think it will all come down to personal preference. I consider myself a very easy going person and I would have to say I try not to go on any vacation with a preconceived notion that everything is going to be perfect cause it won't be and never has been (at least for us). Just have fun, relax, and go with the flow.

Enjoy whatever cruise you decide on!

If the ship is important to you, Carnival doesn't have any ship that compares to the Liberty of the Seas. My opinion is that food and service is better on RCCL as well, even though not everyone agrees with that. There were some meals on Carnival that I couldn't find anything that I liked and when I did find something I liked, I had to wait in a 30 minute line to get it.

As far as cleanliness, I haven't heard anything bad about any of the three ships.

Carnival is very visually stimulating while RCI is much more understated (which I prefer, but my aunt insists that there's nothing to see on RCI like there is on Carnival) ... also the Carnival ships are designed to keep people together so you feel like you're 'in the thick of things' all of the time (though the individual cabins are generally bigger on Carnival), where on RCI, the ships are designed for people to spread out and feel like there are fewer people on the ship than there actually are. Again, it's a personal preference thing. On RCI, my aunt would be asking, "Where is everyone?", where on Carnival I had to resist the urge to moo, as I always felt like I was being pushed along with a herd.

We will sail Liberty next April, and sailed Valor this April having had three RCI cruises on Voyager class ships. I would choose RCI, but the prices on Carnival are fantastic and service and food quaility I would rate equal. I think being from Scotland RCI fits better with my culture and so seemed more my cup of tea, but we did enjoy experiencing Carnival and will cruise with them again. I find it difficult to believe that Carnival and P & O are the same company as they are soooo..... different.

Our thoughts were that Valor's decor was just awful, but once we got used to that we really enjoyed the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be on the Liberty next week. I loved the Valor! There was a little fish and chips place that nobody seemed to know about above the buffet , open at lunch. I was great!!! and never had many people there and the food was cooked to order and you did not have to pay extra for it. Carnival ships are louder in design and colors where as RCCL seems more subdued and "tasteful" But I don't mind, We are not "stuffy" people.

I have like Carnivals food better. It is temerature hotter than Rccl and more varied. I can check back after next week if you like.:cool:

I have been on all three ships (within the last two years) this would be my order of prference:

1. Liberty of the Seas (I prefer Freedom of the Seas to Liberty of the Seas by a longshot)

2. Carnival Valor

3. Carnival Glory (last place because the decore is terrible)

If food selection and quality are important to you then the list is.

1. Carnival Valor

2. Carnival Glory

3. Liberty of the Seas

Once you get over the wow factor/ship decore and the basics of a cruise (food, entertainment, ports, games, etc) take over they are all about the same. Look at the price, ports, and how much the ship design means to you - make your decision and don't second guess it. If your attitude is right you can have a great time on any ship.

Archived