HMC, When is tender rush over

stever

Would love to be the first ones off and enjoy the beach.But that is not going to happen. Instead of waiting in line(or in a lounge) for a number to be called, we will probably relax around the pool until the rush is over. Approx what time will it be when we can just walk down and board a tender. We arrive HMC at 8:00.

Thank you

I agree with Typhoon1. With the bigger tenders, the smaller HAL ships should empty pretty quick, and even the larger ships go pretty fast. If tendering starts at 8, there isn't any reason you couldn't be off by 9.

If you happen to be there with another HAL ship, it may go slower. But that doesn't happen that often.

DW and I were at HMC November 3. The cruise director announced that the earliest tenders were not busy at all and that if someone wanted to be on the earliest tender to the beach they should head to the theatre (on Carnival Destiny). We went at about 10am and didn't wait at all. The tenders hold between 200-250 people so they move people quickly, and I believe they were using two of these.

The last tender back to the ship was at 3:30. We went to the tender at 2:00 and there was a long line. I was kind of insulted that I had to wait 45 minutes to get off an island I didn't want to leave. The last tender was later than 3:30 simply to accommodate the people who were in line.

The tender to the island was quick and easy, the tender back took some time.

Is the tender easily accessible from the beach area? I would have NO problem being the last one on the last tender, so wouldn't bother me to soak up the rays until 3pm if the 'last call' was 3:30?

The tender dock is near the south end of the beach- maybe 5 min walk from the sand. So, the distance depends on where on the beach you are. The beach is a moderately long beach.

I was at HMC in November on the Noordam and the Westerdam was also there. By 10:00 a.m., no tickets were necessary. I never make my way to the tender until about 3:15 p.m. If there is a long line, I sit down nearby and when the line is short, I make my way over. A couple of times I was on the last tender with the crew and some supplies. I never want to leave HMC. I am booked on a btb in December and will have two stops at HMC. Yippeee

Archived