JS 1100 Serenade or any Radiance class?

39august

I have read that this aft balcony is even larger than the others.But from a picture I saw, it appears that there is no sliding glass door. Is that true? Is the cabin darker than usual? I just booked this but really not interested if the door to the balcony is not the usual slider. I greatly enjoy sitting in the cabin and looking out the large glass door to the sea outside.

I have read that this aft balcony is even larger than the others.But from a picture I saw, it appears that there is no sliding glass door. Is that true? Is the cabin darker than usual? I just booked this but really not interested if the door to the balcony is not the usual slider. I greatly enjoy sitting in the cabin and looking out the large glass door to the sea outside.

I borrowed this link from my good friend critterchick. I don't think she will mind.

All you want to know about JS 1100 on Radiance. Radiance of the Seas

Radiancestern.jpg

Radianceaftbalcony.jpg

That first picture you posted is the one that concerned me. The second picture does seen to show a half-open sliding door. So thanks.

The first picture clearly shows the slider next to the long window, it's just closed in that picture. It is a normal sized slider so you should be fine. It is the most sought after cabin.:D

If you enjoy looking out from the cabin, then you'll love 1100, since it has both the door and window. I felt it had the best overall view of any cabin we've ever sailed in. I loved lying in bed with the drapes open and watching the night sky as I drifted off to sleep. There are quite a few who will tell you it's the best cabin on the ship.

Don't mind at all, Patti!:)

If anything, 1100 has more light than the average JS. The coverage from above isn't as complete as the cabins along the sides of the ship, most of which have full or extended coverage from the Windjammer above. It does have the full complement of windows, too.

1602 has an even larger balcony than 1100, although it's not a corner cabin. 1600, a GS, is on the opposite corner, and it doesn't have the extra windows that a normal GS has, not even the single extra window that the JS have. That cabin is dark (and you can see it by following the link in my signature, if you're curious - it's Brilliance).

I did think the extra window was the door! Lucky me; I just snagged this cabin today for Serenade Feb. 26, 2011. RCI's web site has been showing N/A for all suites on this sailing for months. Today, about a dozen JS's, all toward the aft, opened up. I'm guessing a group booking cancelled.

I did think the extra window was the door! Lucky me; I just snagged this cabin today for Serenade Feb. 26, 2011. RCI's web site has been showing N/A for all suites on this sailing for months. Today, about a dozen JS's, all toward the aft, opened up. I'm guessing a group booking cancelled.

CONGRATS...that is a fabulous grab!!! AWESOME suite!:D:D

BILL

Archived