Transportation to Miami cruise port from Miami airport and to Ft. Laud. airport ??

22trabuc

Hello,

Just wondering if you could recommend the least expensive and reliable way to get from the Miami airport to the Miami Cruise port ?

Does Carnival provide a shuttle ? If so, how do you book it ?

Also, we're flying home out of Ft. Lauderdale...would anyone know the least expensive way to get there from the cruise port ? Again, does Carnival provide a shuttle or is there another form of transportation that you'd recommend ?

How long does it take between the cruise port and both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale airports ? Any other travel tips you'd like to share ? We'd love to hear them !

Thanks very much for any assistance you may provide.

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! :)

The smart cruiser always flies in at least one day early - do not let weather delays and flight cancellations ruin your cruise. ;)

You can do better than Carnival transfers. From MIA to Port of Miami (POM) a cab is best - flat rate of $24+tip for the cab and the ride takes about 15 minutes.

From POM to FLL takes about 40 minutes and many on these boards suggest SAS (www.ridesas.com) for shuttle service for about $15 per person. By comparison a taxi from POM to FLL will cost about $95 :eek:

Good luck! :)

The smart cruiser always flies in at least one day early - do not let weather delays and flight cancellations ruin your cruise. ;)

You can do better than Carnival transfers. From MIA to Port of Miami (POM) a cab is best - flat rate of $24+tip for the cab and the ride takes about 15 minutes.

From POM to FLL takes about 40 minutes and many on these boards suggest SAS (www.ridesas.com) for shuttle service for about $15 per person. By comparison a taxi from POM to FLL will cost about $95 :eek:

I went to the suggested flight & LOVE the information. I want to drive to Ft Lauderdale a day early(Spend the night at La Quinta Inn (Hollywood)...take a flight the next day to Rome from Miami for a Westbound Transatlantic. Would spend 2 days in Rome before joining the ship. The ship ends the cruise at Ft Lauderdale.

SAS Transportation will take you for $15 each way. That's money well spent & worth every dollar in my opinion. Check out their website, I think you'll agree:)

you may have just saved my sanity!!! most other shuttle services wanted close to $200 for the 4 of us to get to miami from FLL

i am going to call them now to be sure i can get the rates advertised....

Just got a quote from All Stars Tours & Transportation from FLL near Airport Hotel to POM and return for the 2 of us. Cost 70$ total each way which is more than SAS for both trip (2x30$=60$). Think how you can use the money on the ship....

• 3 months later...

I used All Stars Tours and Transportation Last week going on the Carnival Valor. my family of 7 and I used their service more than once and we have to say they were spectacular. they took us down to the port of miami and and picked us up at the end of the cruise, both of which were plesant experience. We didnt have to wait an hour at the port of miami like we had in the past for more people to come off the cruise ship to fiil up the shuttle we only paid $15 a person and the first time we used them my husband and I paid $70 going to the port of miami and we didnt have any stops when we used another service they drove us around fort lauderdale for 2 hours to fill up the van, we were very unconfertable with that, we were cramp I rather spend the extra money and get better service. : )

Nicole C

Gainesville, FL

I used All Stars Tours and Transportation Last week going on the Carnival Valor. my family of 7 and I used their service more than once and we have to say they were spectacular. they took us down to the port of miami and and picked us up at the end of the cruise, both of which were plesant experience. We didnt have to wait an hour at the port of miami like we had in the past for more people to come off the cruise ship to fiil up the shuttle we only paid $15 a person and the first time we used them my husband and I paid $70 going to the port of miami and we didnt have any stops when we used another service they drove us around fort lauderdale for 2 hours to fill up the van, we were very unconfertable with that, we were cramp I rather spend the extra money and get better service. : )

Nicole C

Gainesville, FL

• 2 years later...

Just returned from a cruise, disembarking at Miami. Our flight home was from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. We used a transport company called Jiffy Jeff and highly recommend it. I emailed them and booked them ahead of time for the date specified. I had to give them my cell number and have it on at 7:30, the morning of my disembarkation. When the time came, they called several times to check on the progress of the disembarkation and when we were finished with retrieving our luggage and done with the immigration process, we went outside, call the number they gave us and with minutes, their van was there. They had a comfortable, brand-new Mercedes van. The driver took care that the AC was working to the passengers' satisfaction. The ride took 1/2 hour and the cost was $15 per person. The whole process couldn't have been simpler nor cheaper.

I was told to that SAS was the 'way to go' also, but when I tried to book a reservation, right on the web site it is posted:Sorry we do not provide transportation to Miami Airport. So I guess a taxi is the nest best thing?:confused:

I was told to that SAS was the 'way to go' also' date=' but when I tried to book a reservation, right on the web site it is posted:Sorry we do not provide transportation to Miami Airport. So I guess a taxi is the nest best thing?:confused:[/quote']

Trying to get from Port Everglades to MIA? :confused:

You are correct that SAS does not make this trip - QLS, Go Airport Shuttle and a few others do, but the rates are high (about $30-40 per person), so a cab might be a better deal for 3+ travelling together. If you are not in a rush and travel light you could cab to the Tri-Rail station (about $15) and then ride the train to MIA for under $5 each.