CCL Stock

Embracedbylife

When purchasing CCL the price should be that which, when calculating the OBC benefits, would represent a fair return to you. How often you receive the OBC due to your CCL holding is part of that calculation. Regardless of the current market price, i.e., paper profit, you cannot sell it without losing out on the OBC.

Special request to Canadian holders of CCL: Can you advise how one can purchase CCL without having to go through the set up and related costs of an entire trading account? The US has areas like ING but we do not.

I just called TD web broker. And I purchased them in an RSP account.

Is $41 high to purchase stock at? I've been hoping it would come back down to $34 or so, but now I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet. I'm not really someone who buys stocks but I was thinking of it to start getting the OBC for our cruise in May. I can just wait to see if it goes down, but I was just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this! Also, do you just buy it from a broker or can you just do it online with a credit card number? Thanks for your suggestions!

IMO buying stock for the OBC is a poor idea. I do own a fair amount of RCL stock but bought it because the price was extremely low and I like the product. But when I bought the stock it was less than $12 a share (down from the mid $40's) and is now back up over $40. The question to ask yourself is, can you deal with your stock possibly losing a large portion of it's value and you potentially losing money?? There is significant risk in any stock! JMHO

IMO buying stock for the OBC is a poor idea. I do own a fair amount of RCL stock but bought it because the price was extremely low and I like the product. But when I bought the stock it was less than $12 a share (down from the mid $40's) and is now back up over $40. The question to ask yourself is, can you deal with your stock possibly losing a large portion of it's value and you potentially losing money?? There is significant risk in any stock! JMHO

I think it depends on how often you cruise and how long your cruises are. We bought the stock about 18 months ago at about $26/share. Since then we have gotten $1,000 in OBC. Next year we will get $1,100 more OBC from it. So if the stock price stays above $5, we will have made money.

I think it depends on how often you cruise and how long your cruises are. We bought the stock about 18 months ago at about $26/share. Since then we have gotten $1,000 in OBC. Next year we will get $1,100 more OBC from it. So if the stock price stays above $5, we will have made money.
I agree with you 100%. I own both CCL & RCL and at this point they are the best investments I ever made, the Stock price can go to $0 and I still will be ahead and I will be collecting another $500.00 OBC in the next couple of months.

I agree with you 100%. I own both CCL & RCL and at this point they are the best investments I ever made, the Stock price can go to $0 and I still will be ahead and I will be collecting another $500.00 OBC in the next couple of months.

The same here, we bought them both. Actually the RCI stock is doing even better (stock price wise) than CCL at the moment, when you look at the price we paid. And we never cruise RCI anymore so don't get the SBC associated with it. lol

The return on our CCL stock in credits onboard makes it even more valuable.

I bought mine a couple of months ago at $31.26 per share. the $250 OBC is an almost immediate 7% return on my money. Savings is at 1-2% so I figure the OBC is a great ROI! Then the stock went to $44 or so, wow Now I have 33% return if I sell it.... what to do? What to do? Ha Ha!

(keep it and take another cruise! ;)

According to this press release the OBC is temporary.

"This benefit is available on sailings through July 31, 2011... Reservations must be made by February 28, 2011."

Does anyone know the past history of this OBC? Does CCL routinely extend this benefit beyond the published date?

According to this press release the OBC is temporary.

"This benefit is available on sailings through July 31, 2011... Reservations must be made by February 28, 2011."

Does anyone know the past history of this OBC? Does CCL routinely extend this benefit beyond the published date?

It is an annual program that has been renewed for a number of years by the Board of Directors of Carnival Corp. While there is no guarentee they will renew it next February, the past actions would indicate they will continue the plan.

No disagreement. My only point is to analyze the purchase based on your risk tolerance and then decide. You and I bought at a low price. The OP doesn't have the same opportunity.

Archived