can yu take soft drink and alcohol on board pacific pearl?

going in jan, havent been on p and o before only on Princess cruises where taking wine on board wasnt a problem, what drink are you allowed to take with you on p and o?? and if not have you sneaked it on before? thank you.

you can take soft drink onboard p&o but no alcohol

P & O do not allow alcohol to be brought onto their ships.

Soft drink is not a problem, you can put a baggage tag on a case of soft drink and put it in with your luggage.

You can try and sneak grog on in your suitcase, its rumored that others do :-)

Ian

They do scan all of the luggage and will remove it!

My mother and I did back to back cruises in America earlier this year. People from the first cruise said to just put her duty free in her suitcase for the second cruise - I advised her against it (I actually poured mine into my water bottle and carried it on board with me - naughty, I know).

When we got to our room, her suitcase was inside but mine wasn't, there was however a note to go to what everyone termed 'the naughty room'.

We went down there and I had forgotten that I had a gift pack of various miniature rums that I had bought at the Totuga Rum Factory in Grand Cayman. The staff were very pleasant and advised me that they had realised I wasn't trying to smuggle anything on board but they would have to hold it until the end of the cruise and they would return it then.

Not a problem (Mum's in the background rubbing her hands in glee - yippe, she's got her alcohol through!)

We returned to the room, opened Mum's suitcase only to find no alcohol but they did leave a note telling her they had disposed of the alcohol!

So please, don't pack your sneaky alcohol in your suitcase - think about getting a rum runner as earlier advised in this post (look them up, some of them can be quite funny and be used to 'enhance' a persons' physical features when worn in certain places) :D

I can't recall at the moment if they can thow your stuff away (I think they can), but they absolutely can go through your bags without you in attendance. They only call you down if you lock your luggage-which is the reason they tell you to leave it unlocked.

Surely they cannot access your bag without you in attendance!!! Did you ask them where you're $5000 laptop had gone? Hmmm opens up a huge bag of worms, or duty free!

Have at look at your cruise contract it is a pretty powerful document for the cruise lines.

The certainly have the power to 'search and sieze.'

Archived