Price Drop Question

flcraigs5

The key here as fly mentioned, ES rate, SAME category. On the ES rate form, there is a spot that asks for the website you found it on. Keep a copy of the screen shot for documentation.

I'm going through a bit of a tug of war on a ES refund and I just sent them copies of the screen shots to show CCL as they "couldn't find the rate specified or the rate code". I don't even know what in the h*** a rate code is.........

Anyway, my hopes are to still get mine approved after sending them the screen shots.

Travel Agent.

But it has to be the same cat of cabin that you booked.

The Early Saver does give you a good price it is just they sell guaratee cabins which means you get what is left and they wont match that on early saver. Only if the price of the cat of cabin goes down and it is listed. in that situation it seems like it is cheaper if you dont care where your cabin is to get a last minute deal or wait till you can get a better price on a guarenteed inside cabin because you never know what deck you are going to be on. ussually the cheapest cabins are booked first.

So then they will sell the guarenteed inside cabin catagory which means they pick your room for you and you end up sometimes getting the better deal because they are trying to fill the ship.

The only problem with last minute deals is that airfare is ussually higher so you pay more for that. But sometimes you can get a good deal on airfare too.

UGH, I consider myself a reasonably intellegent person, but the whole Price drop thing is just confusing. So I decided to go check for the Crazies plus too and Ran a fake booking 2 doors down from us and it's same category, same date...yadda yadda. Books for about $25.00 cheaper. Should I contact me TA? We are after final payment according to the group booking, but not according to carnival's website.

UGH, I consider myself a reasonably intellegent person, but the whole Price drop thing is just confusing. So I decided to go check for the Crazies plus too and Ran a fake booking 2 doors down from us and it's same category, same date...yadda yadda. Books for about $25.00 cheaper. Should I contact me TA? We are after final payment according to the group booking, but not according to carnival's website.

I know there was a group price .. did you book with the perks at the group price?? If so there is a add on amount that you would have to be under to get the price drop.

Wouldnt hurt to ask what price you need to be watching for.

But yes, if you are booked any rate, and the price is lower you can ask for the price drop .. at worst they might take away your OBC.

I know there was a group price .. did you book with the perks at the group price?? If so there is a add on amount that you would have to be under to get the price drop.

Wouldnt hurt to ask what price you need to be watching for.

But yes, if you are booked any rate, and the price is lower you can ask for the price drop .. at worst they might take away your OBC.

See that's where I am not sure about, there are Some group perks. OBC is one of them. Other than that, the small trinkets that CC gives to their groups.

See that's where I am not sure about, there are Some group perks. OBC is one of them. Other than that, the small trinkets that CC gives to their groups.

The stuff from CC not included, but the OBC from Carnival will be a issue on the group fare.

Call the TA (dont know if I can even use her name but you know who) and see what price you need to match. You in effect buy up to those perks when they determine group prices.

If the price drops low enough, you can always elect to get it and drop the OBC too. .. just have to figure it out both ways. Group prices are always a little higher than the ES was at the time. But they did drop on Crazies, and lots took upgrades or a little $$$ back, just before final payment.

Call and ask? Cant hurt.

One other thing to be aware of .. if you do choose to change to ES rate .. you will be more bound than you are now .. just in case you have to swap your wife with your daughter for instance, you cant make any changes. no way no how.

I booked ES and I just noticed the price is $20.00 cheaper per person. So where do you find the form to fill out? Also if price drops again can you fill out another form? Just curious!! First time I have ever seen a price drop after I book.

I booked ES and I just noticed the price is $20.00 cheaper per person. So where do you find the form to fill out? Also if price drops again can you fill out another form? Just curious!! First time I have ever seen a price drop after I book.

As long as you didnt book with a TA, you can just fill it out yourself.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

As long as you didnt book with a TA, you can just fill it out yourself.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

THANKS! I filled it out and sent it myself. Now I will wait and see what happens. If the price drops again can I fill out another form?? This is new to me. Price has NEVER dropped once I booked in the past. So this would be exciting to get some OBC!! Again, thank you for your help.

The key here as fly mentioned, ES rate, SAME category. On the ES rate form, there is a spot that asks for the website you found it on. Keep a copy of the screen shot for documentation.

I'm going through a bit of a tug of war on a ES refund and I just sent them copies of the screen shots to show CCL as they "couldn't find the rate specified or the rate code". I don't even know what in the h*** a rate code is.........

Anyway, my hopes are to still get mine approved after sending them the screen shots.

Just a quick update. I received email from CCL disapproving my ES refund. They politely told me that I should send them a screen shot from my actual cruise / ship (Liberty) and not one from the Glory :o.

I emailed them back to see if I qualified for any "idiot passenger" rate........and apologized for the waste of time.

AND if there is another price drop you need to fill out another form and submit it every time.

Just a quick update. I received email from CCL disapproving my ES refund. They politely told me that I should send them a screen shot from my actual cruise / ship (Liberty) and not one from the Glory :o.

I emailed them back to see if I qualified for any "idiot passenger" rate ........and apologized for the waste of time.

AND if there is another price drop you need to fill out another form and submit it every time.

Now that is funny .. I dont care who you are. Easy to do.

THANKS! I filled it out and sent it myself. Now I will wait and see what happens. If the price drops again can I fill out another form?? This is new to me. Price has NEVER dropped once I booked in the past. So this would be exciting to get some OBC!! Again, thank you for your help.

Yes you can. We have received 2 price drops on our upcoming Legend cruise. :D

Archived