No more 14 day cruises for the Grand...

MM42

Every situation is a little different. I know what you mean, we have

to travel far to go ice fishing and snowmobiling.

...if it is unavoidable, I may enjoy that turn-around-day after all.

Hehehe, maybe Princess could make a 'Walking Turn-Around Excursion'

to my yard? Competition style BBQ, ice cold draft beer or real homegrown

Mango Daiquiris and a personal floating pool lounger...sign up at the Pursers desk. Only kidding.

Enjoy your cruises.

:cool::cool:

Sounds like a good idea - I'm game!!:D:D I'm just glad that we booked our 14-day trip for January. I want to stay south - not turn around on FL.

Every situation is a little different. I know what you mean, we have

to travel far to go ice fishing and snowmobiling.

Wait. Maybe I could walk home and do some yard work, splash in

my pool, BBQ some ribs, have a Mango Daiquiri or three, then

get back to the ship for the sail away party. :D

You are right - every situation is different. In FL - it seems like everyone has their own pool (I know, an exaggeration).... Where I live, I don't know anyone with a pool. I know there are those expensive houses that have them but they are not feasible for the average home owner with our weather conditions. So the only time I have time (or access) to swim is on vacation. Yes, we have city pools but I can't think of the last time I have had time to go (I am thinking decades). Weekends are spent getting caught up from the week. Beach access is even more rare.

I had to laugh at your comment about snow mobiling and ice fishing - I guess we can do that here but I don't know anyone who does that here. I guess we don't have time as we are often shoveling out our driveways and by then, we are sick of the white stuff and just want to stay warm. We usually don't celebrate ice here either. It is a nasty word and causes so much havoc in so many ways.

...just can't reconcile the turn-around-day in FLL (for me).

Wait. Maybe I could walk home and do some yard work, splash in

my pool, BBQ some ribs, have a Mango Daiquiri or three, then

get back to the ship for the sail away party. :D

...if it is unavoidable, I may enjoy that turn-around-day after all.

Hehehe, maybe Princess could make a 'Walking Turn-Around Excursion'

to my yard? Competition style BBQ, ice cold draft beer or real homegrown

Mango Daiquiris and a personal floating pool lounger...sign up at the Pursers desk. Only kidding.

Enjoy your cruises.

:cool::cool:

Funny you should say this....On our last cruise in June, the ship stopped at Greenock Scotland. One passenger I spoke to, said she didn't live far away & was getting off the ship that day, & going home to mow her lawn. She was then coming back to the ship & continuing the cruise.

Now that I booked the b2b Emerald for Dec. 2011, we'll just use the turn around time in FLL, to look around the town again. Maybe go to Los Olas, or to the beach.

For us Northeasterners, it sure beats being in the cold weather.

Minette

I have just found out today that my cruise has also been cancelled.

We have travelled with Princess before and we were both really impressed and looking forward to celebrating our wedding anniversary on this fantastic itinerary.

Being from the UK, we prefer cruises over 10 days but because this was our anniversary, we had planned an extended trip to spend some time in Florida before joining the cruise on 3rd December. We got a great deal with excellent OBC for booking so early. Does anyone know whether we will lose this if we book a different itinerary with Princess?

I now feel really let down by Princess, the alternative route b2b is just not attractive and if I choose to go with another company, I have now missed all the attractive early booking deals.

Just at a loss with what to do.....

I have just found out today that my cruise has also been cancelled.

We have travelled with Princess before and we were both really impressed and looking forward to celebrating our wedding anniversary on this fantastic itinerary.

Being from the UK, we prefer cruises over 10 days but because this was our anniversary, we had planned an extended trip to spend some time in Florida before joining the cruise on 3rd December. We got a great deal with excellent OBC for booking so early. Does anyone know whether we will lose this if we book a different itinerary with Princess?

I now feel really let down by Princess, the alternative route b2b is just not attractive and if I choose to go with another company, I have now missed all the attractive early booking deals.

Just at a loss with what to do.....

If you received the OBC for booking early, and then the cruise is cancelled (or you cancel it), the OBC does not usually carry over to another sailing, as it was specific to the booking on that particular ship and when you booked, sorry!

We took a beautiful 14-day Caribbean Calypso cruise on the Royal Princess last April, with stops at St. Thomas, Virgin Gorda, Antigua, St. Barts, Dominica, Barbados, Tobago and Aruba. It was a great itinerary on a small ship, which became available after the cancellation of a 14-day Amazon cruise. We would gladly take this cruise again, and would recommend it to anyone, even though this itinerary is offered infrequently.

However, with the transfer of the Royal to P&O, I don't foresee this cruise becoming available soon on the 2 remaining Princess small ships, but we will keep an eye out for it in the coming years.

David

It's not just the Caribbean 14 dayers (is that a word?) that have been cut. We wanted to take the Princess 14 day trip to Alaska out of Seattle. It used to go up to Anchorage, and further out I think, with never a duplicate port. Now only 7 day runs, and the B2B's are the same ports in reverse. From what I saw recently only HAL does 14 day Alaskan trips, and they can be pricey.

Maybe they were changed not because they were not selling in 2011/2012 but that they didn't sell well in 2010/2011. However I don't think this was due to the itinerary but the fact that people were put off because the ship is in need of some attention and Princess delayed the refurbishment too long. People like newer ships.

The Grand Princess has too many problems-AC for one. I won't sail on her again but I would love to do another 14 day S. Caribbean cruise.

Ta managed to get in touch with Princess today and they are offering nothing as predicted. Really poor service and a poor advert for their early booking deals going forward.

We are now looking at the Celebrity Constellation cruise going out around the same time. Any advice or comparisons to help me decide?

Hi

We're in the same boat as you (if you will pardon the pun:))

As you will see from my earlier post, I have had a similar experience with Princess and have moved to the constellation instead, notwithstanding that we will be sailing on her in Jan 2011. Not quite the itinerary we wanted but at least there is no holding day in FL, repeated entertainment and menus, or two days in princess cay

Hope you get sorted out

K

Hi,

We were booked on the Grand for April 2012 and have now changed to to the Caribbean Princess. Princess were very good, they offered us the chance to change to any other itinery either with princess, P&O or Cunard and they would honour the price we paid as long as the new itinery was not more than £200 per person more. The Caribbean Princess cruise with flights worked out at £380 more then the Grand, Princess were as good as their word and honoured the change and we kept out our $300 obc.

We booked with a High Street TA

Archived