St Paddys Day

janetootsie

Hi there, We have just booked a caribbean cruise and will be onboard for St Patricks Day, my DH is from Ireland and is hoping for some sort of celebration on the ship! Does anyone know if there are any organised events - or will he have to make his own fun!!!

Thanks, Jane

We were on the Crown Princess this past St. Patrick's Day. There wasn't much in the way of celebration on Princess' behalf other than a small culinary display in the dining room as you go in. Of course a lot of passengers celebrated in their own ways. I decorated our door with printouts of vintage St. Patrick's Day postcards. Other passengers also decorated their doors. Some of our good friends brought green boas to wear. They had a ton of decorations for their cabin. Most of the passengers wore green. And, fortunately, I did not see any green beer.

I did not see any green beer.

On the Island, a couple of years ago, the bartenders had green food coloring. But, trying to tell a Cambodian bartender, in English, that you wanted a drop of coloring in your beer, did not compute with him. He put about 10 or 12 drops in the beer, and we drank a very dark emerald green beer. He knew that some people might want green beer, but just didn't understand why.

We were on the Star a while back and wore our "Pat O'briens" t-shirts and beads and expected a party. Not so much. Thankfully several other people came prepared too, so we made our own!!:D:D I think it is more likely that other passengers will toast a Guinness with you!

Hi there, We have just booked a caribbean cruise and will be onboard for St Patricks Day, my DH is from Ireland and is hoping for some sort of celebration on the ship! Does anyone know if there are any organised events - or will he have to make his own fun!!!

Thanks, Jane

hi jane i'm also on a carribean cruise 4 paddy's day but had forgotten i'd be on board even though my dads irish and i got the most irish name going ..only cus its my bday on the 16th :)

it will be lovely 2 raise a glass 2 st patrick in the sunshine and not the drizzle of england :D hope u both enjoy ur cruise and paddy's day

kerry x

Archived