Extra formal night on a Christmas cruise?

sherry7

I asked a RCCL rep this question, but they're sometimes known to be wrong about things. :rolleyes:

We are on the 9 night sailing of the Enchantment, from Dec 18-27. The rep said the typical formal nights would be the 2nd and 6th nights of the cruise. However, I'm wondering that since Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve are a couple of days later, whether there will be an extra formal night.

Please don't turn this question into a dress code debate. :p We do like to dress up for formal nights, so I'm wondering if I should be prepared for an extra one. Thanks for any replies. :)

I asked a RCCL rep this question, but they're sometimes known to be wrong about things. :rolleyes:

We are on the 9 night sailing of the Enchantment, from Dec 18-27. The rep said the typical formal nights would be the 2nd and 6th nights of the cruise. However, I'm wondering that since Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve are a couple of days later, whether there will be an extra formal night.

Please don't turn this question into a dress code debate. :p We do like to dress up for formal nights, so I'm wondering if I should be prepared for an extra one. Thanks for any replies. :)

Your first formal night should be December 19 as that will be the Captain's Welcome Aboard Reception.

Your second formal night should either be December 24/25. Since you are in port on December 24 until 5PM, I bet it will be Christmas day since that is a sea day.

If I remember correctly from the two Christmas cruises we've taken, it's been Christmas eve that is a formal night. Both times, they've had singing of Christmas songs by the crew and performances by the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers. We were on smaller ships (Rhapsody & Grandeur), so this was in the Cerntrum area. Have done New Year's on the Voyager and you would have thought you were in Times Square in the Promenade. Great fun.

I know you asked about formal nights specifically. Formal dressi for either Christmas eve or Christmas is very festive. The one thing I've observed about cruises is how diverse they can be. We love it. People may be ultra dressy for formal night or just business casual. It's all good. ;)

Hope I didn't stray too far off topic. :)

Archived