Embarkation queries

DGA

We are first time cruisers on Independence of the Seas and sussed out most things with help of this site but there are a couple re embarkation we are still not sure of.

Firstly lots of cruisers say they check out their dining table as soon as they get on board. How do they know which table to check out? We are not doing MTD and have requested a table for two on the 8:30 sitting.

Secondly apart from alchohol, irons and hairdriers (etc) are there any other items that I am not supposed to bring on board

Your table number will be listed on your sea pass card.

There are mixed reviews as to whether or not you can bring on soda or bottled water. I suggest you look at Royal Caribbean's website for the official answer on what's not allowed.

Have a great trip!

You can check IF it's a table for 2....but if it's not, don't panic! They'll either switch you, or you can give tablemates a try...it's fun! Good conversation and it will become something to look forward to each evening! If you do get a 2-top, and notice that you might enjoy a larger table, ask to be moved...they'll do their best to accomodate!

We are first time cruisers on Independence of the Seas and sussed out most things with help of this site but there are a couple re embarkation we are still not sure of.

Firstly lots of cruisers say they check out their dining table as soon as they get on board. How do they know which table to check out? We are not doing MTD and have requested a table for two on the 8:30 sitting.

Secondly apart from alchohol, irons and hairdriers (etc) are there any other items that I am not supposed to bring on board

On your daily compass for day 1, they will post the hours that you can go to the MDR to work out any dining related issues (i.e. 1 to 3 PM on deck 4). During this time, they will make changes to your dining reservations, such that if they gave you the early dining instead of the 8:30 time you requested, that's when you go and make the request to change.

You didn't specify what size of you preferred, but if you have a specific size table you like or if your reservation is linked to others (like family/friends traveling together), then you would want to make sure all of you sit in the same table, that's the time to make the request.

I would highly recommend that you find an old copy of the daily compass online of the itinerary you will be sailing on so that you know in advance of the activities being offered for your cruise.

Have a good cruise.

We have never checked our table upon boarding and have been happy with our tablemates and locations. I suppose we should jsut to see where we will be that evening. We do Main dining. Your Table # weill be on your Sea Pass Card. Last cruise I checked with friends as we boarded to make sure our tables had been linked.

Archived