Money Saved, want to treat hubby, he doesn't wanna go

ColeandAbby

I planned for our first cruise last August for more than a year. It was to celebrate our 20th anniversary and it was without the kids, who are 17(yes, they are twins). I did so much research, I spent thousands of hours on the computer because DH is very impatient when things don't go as planned. Six months before the cruise, after everything had been paid for, he wants to cancel and "just go to Maine for the week". I was crushed and told him he would have to do the canceling because I wouldn't. He gave in, but, constantly mentioned how much everything was costing. After we returned home, whenever anyone asked him about our cruise, the first thing he mentioned was the things that went wrong. I decided then and there that I would never book another cruise with him. Since the kids will be in college next year, my sister and I are going on the NCL Jewel out of NYC. DH will stay home, watch the house and probably go hunting. While I would love to cruise with him again, I'll let him do all the planning and booking.

I like your attitude. Maybe when he hears what a great time you and your sister have, he'll want to cruise again (or maybe he'll want to go hunting, who knows.) My husband has a hobby (cross-country skiing) that I hate. I have done it several times and really hate every minute of it. For a while he kept after me to do it- how he knew I'd love it, etc. Now he goes with our daughter and I do something else. It's better for everyone.

Enjoy the Jewel- we did that ship last year and had a great time.

:o- my wife books all kinds of vacations- getaways etc and I just plain LOVE to work and make $$$ even though we don't need it. She usually just ignores me being an idiot- buys some really nice " goodies" from Victorias Secret:D- and when I get there I have a BLAST !! I can't explain it- maybe it is just all the planing- packing etc. I am getting much better- but I am also OLD.:eek: Just tell him you are going and so is he and set everything up. My guess is he will be glad he went. Have a great trip- very nice gift you have chosen- hope it works out:)

I LOVE cruises. However, a 4-night cruise does not sound too exciting to me. It's too short, and those 4-night or 4-day cruises usually don't go to interesting places. I will suggest that you discuss with your husband. Maybe you can have a land-based vacation instead, or you can save up even more for a longer vacation in the near future.

Talked him into it!! So excited and so ready!!:D

Good for you, have a good time.

1st and second cruises I couldn't wait. Last one I was more interested in the destination then the ship or the whole cruising thing. At this point, I'd rather take a nice land vacation next, and not cruise for a little while. Maybe your hubby was/is just getting a little tired of it.........

Hmm..look at your title "Money saved up, want to treat hubby"

Be real now, it sounds to me like you want to treat "you" because your upset that he doesn't want to go. But I'm glad it worked out for you, seems o.

Be real now, it sounds to me like you want to treat "you" because your upset that he doesn't want to go. But I'm glad it worked out for you, seems o.

Be real now, you wanted to poop on a parade, then tried to disguise it with "glad it worked out for you."

Mine does not like cruising. If it was someplace he really wanted to go he'd enjoy it enough, but it is just not his cup of tea. Cruising for the sake of cruising, or travel for the sake of travel for that matter, is not high on his list of enjoyments. So when the bug gets me I take my kids and often go alone (a treat for me) or a friend. If I really wanted him along he'd come and have a decent time but otherwise- he'd rather stay home. Hey- it's cheaper for us that way I figure!

We meet woman without there husbands all the time, never the other way around .I think it says something about Men and Women.

Don't say never! And it says NOTHING about men and women! I met a man on a cruise who was travelling with his 42 year old never-married son. The man was neither divorced nor widowed. His wife was back home. She hates cruising, so he always cruises with his son. Some people like cruising, and some don't. That's all.

I'm very happy things worked out for OP. I happen to love cruising, but if my hypothetical husband ever booked a rafting or kayaking trip and wanted me to go along, there's no way that I would. I would want him to go with anyone else but me. Different people like different things. But again, I'm glad that things worked out for OP.

I'm not poopin on anyone's parade. She got what she wanted so she's happy and I say good for her. the guy is going.

quote=BIG_Steve;27088338]Be real now, you wanted to poop on a parade, then tried to disguise it with "glad it worked out for you."

I thought I would give him a few days and then bring it up again. This would be the first cruise minus the kiddos and a great way for us to catch up, relax and enjoy the cruise w/o chasing the kiddos around! Thank you for the reply!

That's why we like these trips!!

It gives us great quality time to enjoy each other's company....

I hope it works out for you!!

My dad was one of those - it took me 10 years to convince him he would enjoy cruising. We got onto the ship and had just left port when my dad comes back to the cabin (where the ladies are unpacking) and says "Wow this is so much fun! Why haven't we done this before?" :rolleyes: yes dad I wonder?!?!

My husband was the same way. He doesn't love to travel, and didn't want to cruise. We have had a couple of cruise experiences that weren't great, many years ago. But a previous poster mentioned Victoria's Secret? Well, my husband has come to realize that vacation time is generally more of a...um...victoria's secret sort of time...and he is willing to participate in that~lol....Plus we picked an interesting itinerary, the Western Carib. I am hoping for very smooth seas....we leave 12/19....

Please do not assume you know the circumstances. You saw my update that he wanted to go. Why waste my time and the others with your nonsense?

My dad was one of those - it took me 10 years to convince him he would enjoy cruising. We got onto the ship and had just left port when my dad comes back to the cabin (where the ladies are unpacking) and says "Wow this is so much fun! Why haven't we done this before?" :rolleyes: yes dad I wonder?!?!

:D has he cruised anymore?

Archived