drinking water

yorkie1

A big bottle on ship is £1.80. After you get your cabin you can go off the ship and go into the terminal building which is full of duty free shops. Water will be on sale at one of them, but I am not sure of the price. Perhaps P&O will work out cheaper. We found BArbados quite expensive this last time and remember P&O is paid in sterling. It's USD or local currency ashore.

We were stung in a St Kitts supermarket. We bought a large water,6 cans of diet Pepsi and a big pkt of Kettle Chips. It cost 19 USD!!!

Other islands had cheap water in supermarkets though - and much cheaper than P&Os price

CAryl

Does anyone know if I can buy a big bottle of water before we get on ship in Barbados not keen on drinking stored water and will deffo need a nice cuppa when we get to cabin.:confused:

P&O had buy 5 get one free on big bottles last month. We didn't see anywhere selling cheaper water around the port. Port shops seemed very expensive. Maybe if you walk into Bridgetown to the supermarket? Nothing seemed cheap in Bridgetown either but didn't price the water.

Don't you use the tap water even when it's boiled? We did and it was absolutely fine for us, and I'm fussy about the taste of tea. :)

Don't you use the tap water even when it's boiled? We did and it was absolutely fine for us, and I'm fussy about the taste of tea. :)

We do, and always have. We use that water for tea and fill our bottles from the tap and put them in the fridge overnight before going ashore the next day :)

And we are still here after a lot of cruises :D

Mike

Thanks,might as well buy on board then saves lugging it about,I'm really weird with water ,go to the East coast and I get the runs go to the West coast and can't go at all so if I can get bottled water my digestion can get used to it and then I'm ok .I can't drink tea onboard aircraft probably because it isn't boiled enough so always end up with an upset tummy.I think it's the difference as well between hard and soft water must be the minerals in it, also who knows if the storage tanks on board are maintained regularly ,could explain some of the Norovirus outbreaks.:confused:

Archived