Which Balcony on Ventura

bogofman

We are considering Ventura for the Canaries next June and would like to stay in a Balcony Cabin.

We will probably be looking at the cheapest option, although these seem to be spread across most decks.

Does anyone have any advice from past experience of where is best.

I notice that the lower balcony are sticking out and hence are over looked but it will mean they are not in shade as much.

It also seems a choice between front and back with the middle cabines more expensive, why is that?

Anyone tried the cabnes on the back they do look larger for the same price, is thier a catch?, noisey? shaded?

Thanks inadvance for your thoughts.

BTW we don't mind walking around and almost always use the stairs so we don't mind not being close to restarants etc.

And the answer is: Deck C. Anywhere on Deck C ( apart from the aft-facing cabins, that is)

Reason? - the balconies on that deck are twice the depth; i.e., the distance from the cabin/balcony sliding door to the rail is twice what it is on Rivera, A & B decks. In addition, half of that is under cover from the balcony above, and the other half is exposed to the full sun. So you can have the best of both worlds.

We've been in C deck balcony cabins twice so far (actually, we've had the same cabin, C325, twice) and we've got another one booked for our Ventura cruise next May.

''It also seems a choice between front and back with the middle cabines more expensive, why is that?''

Middle cabins are considered more stable, which is worth paying a little extra for especially on a cruise over the bay to the canaries.

We always have middle cabins on B or C deck. Then you are above the lifeboats too which won't spoil your view, or wake you in the morning when they are lowered down into the sea on port days or for sea training for the crew.

These cabins are flush with the ship, not sticking out so are excellent for privacy but not as sunny as the decks which jut out obviously.

photo taken from flush A deck balcony looking down on C/D/E

p1010219u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Midship cabins are more sought after as they are supposed to be more stable in rough seas. We had deck A 430 port side and it was a great cabin but smallish balcony. We couldn't get a C deck this time, but they are definitely great balconies and I would take a C deck fore, midship or (side) aft over any other cabin.

Never had a fully aft cabin yet, but wouldn't mind trying one. The regulars on the Princess forum love them and have a thread dedicated to them.

""These cabins are flush with the ship, not sticking out so are excellent for privacy but not as sunny as the decks which jut out obviously.""

I have to ask the question, is anybody who is thinking of a cruise on a block of flats with thousands and thousands of people on board, seriously thinking of "PRIVACY"?

I was wined and dined on Azura on a 'look over'. There were 1500 people on the look over too, it was heaving with people!!!! What the hell is the place like with double that amount? Breath by numbers?

Sorry, but I don't like football crowds, Saturday Market places and such like, so would NOT expect privacy under such circumstances :mad::mad::mad:

Mike

Privacy on your balcony isn't bad on the Azura and Ventura. As you are not overlooked on the top A,B,C, balconies, as you see the lower ones are overlooked by all decks above, so you will be watched sunbathing, smoking or standing in your dressing gown looking out to sea.

If you have a non-balcony cabin Mike then yes it will be hard to get privacy on the public decks, but thats why balcony cabins cost more I suppose....:rolleyes:

Less loose talk about the balconies of C deck cabins please, or P&O will start charging more for them, like Princess do.

We tried to change to a C deck from A deck when one became available just before our cruise and they wouldn't allow us to downgrade!! It was a lower grade due to it not being midship! :(

You might be interested in this cabin. The balcony is huge, and covered by the balcony of the cabin above and is quite different to the rest, cabin E730. You have side and rear views, and part of the balcony usually has sun when part has shade. Its position may not suit those who are very particular about being midships, but we were delighted with it.

Have a look a my pictures on Picasa and see for yourself.

http://picasaweb.google.com/PadraigSleibhin/VenturaCabinE730InteriorAndBalconyShotsShots#

You might be interested in this cabin. The balcony is huge, and covered by the balcony of the cabin above and is quite different to the rest, cabin E730. You have side and rear views, and part of the balcony usually has sun when part has shade. Its position may not suit those who are very particular about being midships, but we were delighted with it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/PadraigSleibhin/VenturaCabinE730InteriorAndBalconyShotsShots#

That looks a great cabin. I'll look out for that next time I'm considering cabins. Thanks for posting link to pictures.

A great cabin but this is a mini suite or de-luxe as P&O call them, and as such quite a bit more expensive than a JG cabin on C deck which must be the best value balcony cabins on the ship.

Archived