Just got my room assignment on Radiance, Balcony Rm 7166.......

FMCowboy

Can anyone tell me about this room? I was on a Guarantee balcony. I have heard that the balcony is deeper than standard, is this true, so instead of 41 sq ft, how big? Also I heard there are lifeboat covers at floor level obstructing your down view, is this true with this room? Anyopne have pics of the aft back corner/side so i coudl see the room from outside? Should I see about changing or is this a great room?

What Category would this room be?

Thank you for your help!! Excited to be going on Radiance though. Just booked yesterday and assigned room today.

FM

It's a category E1. From the deck plans it looks good, but it looks like your final payment date is coming up if it hasn't past already, this means a bunch of good rooms might be opening up. I check twice a day for available rooms until I get something I'm extremely satisfied with. I'd stick with that one for now, but just check every now and then and see if a good hump room opens up.

Actually, your balcony will be a bit deeper than those in the middle of the ship, but the balcony divider does not extend all the way to the outside railing....the additional portion of the balcony is separated from your neighbors only by a rail...not the privacy divider, so when you are standing at the outside rail, you will have a great view of your neighbor's balconies. And, it is a connecting cabin.

Don't worry about the lifeboats...they are below ALL cabins on ALL decks! Your outward view will be full and grand!

Here is a picture of Radiance Aft Port side where 7166 is located. Looks like it is right below the window washing ladder.

Your cabin looks to be right above the Card Room which is rarely used, though it is going to be transformed into The Chef's Table when Radiance goes into dry dock in May of 2011.

portaft8yf.jpg

We just got off the Jewel on Nov. 12 and were in 7670 which is about 2 doors down from your room but on the starboard side. Very quiet area of the ship but. . .the balconies in that area of the ship have a walkway on the other side of the railing for crew to use for maintainance, probably about 4 feet wide. So your view is over this walkway. And some days you will probably have crew outside your balcony. I think out of our 5 sea days, there were probably 3 where we saw crew at various times. Our room was the last one on the hallway, so we also had an overhang and a storage closet outside our balcony which greatly obstructed the view and sunlight. We called our balcony "the cave".:D.

This was our first time to try a "guarantee" room. Not sure I would do it again. Originally we were assigned a room on port side but about 2 weeks before the cruise, I was looking at reservation and noticed our room had been changed.

Sherri:)

Call and ask whoever you booked through to switch to Cabin #8140

They will usually let you switch cabins aleast once even when booking a Balcony Guarantee as long as it is the same category you were assigned.

If it doesn't happen the very first time you call royal Caribbean, call again later. Depends sometimes if Rep is having a bad day or not.

Jimbo:)

How long was it after you booked until your cabin was assigned? I was talking to rccl and the rep said she was surprised ours hadn't been assigned yet. We don't sail until April, but I'm so afraid that I'm not going to be happy having tried to go the guarantee route.

Since we're on an Easter sailing, the ship is usually quite full... Not sure if this is a good thing or not?

Archived