VISA Points Question

Mama2Tay

I have been reading these boards for years, so I should know the answer to this question, but I don't!

I have a 25,000 point certificate to use for my next cruise in February 2011. I usually use the certificates for OBC, but I'm wondering if I can get a better value than that with this 25,000 point certificate?

I see that you can get an upgrade with 25,000 points on a 4-8 day cruise from an interior to ocean view for 2 people. We are currently in a balcony, so would this certificate apply in any way? I'm not looking to change cabins as we have a connecting cabin with our children, but would I get a reduction in the cruise fare at all?

I hope I stated this clearly, so you understand when I am asking. Thank you in advance for the help!

You are better off using it for On Board Credit rather than cruise fare. The reason is if you use it for the cruise fare, it doesn't count as a cruise credit for your Crown and Anchor membership.

We have used the OBC from the credit card points (we run our company expenses on the RCCL VISA) and it works out well, it does take a week or two for the Credit Card Company to send you the voucher, so plan enough time to get it.

You are better off using it for On Board Credit rather than cruise fare. The reason is if you use it for the cruise fare, it doesn't count as a cruise credit for your Crown and Anchor membership.

We have used the OBC from the credit card points (we run our company expenses on the RCCL VISA) and it works out well, it does take a week or two for the Credit Card Company to send you the voucher, so plan enough time to get it.

Is this something new? When we used our points in 2009 for a free cruise for two, we received the credit as usual.

Sherri:)

You will get a cruise credit. We used our 25,000 for a free companion fare and were charged $1 so that we could get the credit.

They will apply your coupon and give you whatever the amount of the lowest oceanview cabin is at the time that you call and redeem it. That amount will come off your balance. I don't recall the max value of the 25,000 coupong.

That was what I recalled from reading similar threads in the past, but I wasn't sure. When I get the certificate, I will definitely call the rewards office to see what the options are and then pick the best one!

Thank you all!

Archived