ART AUCTIONS ON rccl

WEELYNCRUZER

Royal Carribean no longer has art auction on their ships. I was told Park West lost their contract. No more announcements pitching the auctions. I wonder what they will do to replace that cash cow. I also wonder how that will effect the value of the tens of thousands of pieces they have sold. Does anybody have any more info ? I can't say I will miss them even though I did buy a few pieces to decorate our walls.

Someone actully got kicked off his cruise because he was handing out something to people going to the auction about how dishonest, I think, Park West was. I have yet to hear how people SAVED $$ by buying on the ship. If you buy it for less on a ship, why don't they sell it ashore to make more $$? Then no packaging to get it aboard and no pay for auctioneer.

• 2 weeks later...
Someone actully got kicked off his cruise because he was handing out something to people going to the auction about how dishonest, I think, Park West was. I have yet to hear how people SAVED $$ by buying on the ship. If you buy it for less on a ship, why don't they sell it ashore to make more $$? Then no packaging to get it aboard and no pay for auctioneer.

I heard about that too. There are so many complaints about them online. Like the other poster said above, I will not post anything here but one can read all about the law suites online.

Archived