Excited and Nervous...single digits

In2why

We leave for Florida in a week and board the ship in 8 days. I am a first time cruiser and I am equally nervous and excited. Is that normal? One minute I am doing the happy dance, and the next I think I am going to hyperventilate thinking I am going to forget something important, or get really seasick or claustraphobic.

I am packed.

I have our documents printed out and in a safe place

I have plenty of spending money and a cushion in case I need it

If the car breaks down I will leave it and rent something :D

If I get seasick I will throwup and take some bonine??? (I don't want to take medicine unless I know I am going to need it because I don't want to be drowsy or worry about how it will interact with a DOD?)

I wish I was already on our way (sigh)

I think the secret doors are behind the stage area on the Legend?

I know we go under the bridge about 2 hours after we leave port.

As long as I have the family and our documents, everything else I can buy on ship or in port if I forget it and need it enough right?

Okay going to bed now to dream about red smokestacks....without Splendor type smoke coming out of them. :rolleyes:

Don't worry!!! Everything will be fine... We leave in 2 weeks and I'm having the same feelings... But deep down I know it's fine.

When the ship leaves you're probably going to feel a little nausea.. this is normal, don't panic!!!! you'll be fine for the rest of cruise.

Have a great time!!!

I think you have the right attitude. I remember when I went on my first cruise I had all of the same feelings. I was sure that I would be claustrophobic, seasick, blah, blah blah. I got on the ship thinking I would hate the cruise but knew I had to keep an open mind because my wife really wanted me to go and enjoy.

When I got off the cruise I was ready to book another one right away.

Maybe you will be the same as me or maybe you will not like cruising. Either way- keep an open mind and just let it happen. I have a feeling you will be satisfied and relaxed after your venture. Please let us know how it went.

D

Everything will be ok, the only things not to forget....PASSPORT OR BIRTH CERT., DRIVER'S LICENCE, CASH, and print out those docs, it never seems real until you see them in person, you should put tape on your luggage tags too.

Enjoy and have fun!

Sandy

Normal reaction. When we finally got to Miami and stood alongside the Triumph I started to cry! DH thought I was nuts, but I was SO relieved because I thought it would never come. Now I tear up when they make us leave the ship at the end of the cruise!

Bon Voyage!:D

Have a great time! And don't worry. After a few cruises, getting ready for them will feel as natural as getting ready for a drive (at least that's how it feels for us! ).

It sounds to me like you are all ready and will be having a great time! One thing I might mention though....if you already know that you tend to get motion sick, you shouldn't wait til you start feeling queezy before you take the Bonine. It takes awhile to kick in and I found myself flat in bed on sail away day the first time I realized I should have taken it sooner. Bonine doesn't make you too drowsy, and DODs go down much eaiser if you aren't motion sick. If you think you might get sea sick, don't make the mistake of waiting too long before taking the Bonine. (Now, I take it before I even get on the ship, just in case.)

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!!

We leave for Florida in a week and board the ship in 8 days. I am a first time cruiser and I am equally nervous and excited. Is that normal? One minute I am doing the happy dance, and the next I think I am going to hyperventilate thinking I am going to forget something important, or get really seasick or claustraphobic.

I am packed.

I have our documents printed out and in a safe place

I have plenty of spending money and a cushion in case I need it

If the car breaks down I will leave it and rent something :D

If I get seasick I will throwup and take some bonine??? (I don't want to take medicine unless I know I am going to need it because I don't want to be drowsy or worry about how it will interact with a DOD?)

I wish I was already on our way (sigh)

I think the secret doors are behind the stage area on the Legend?

I know we go under the bridge about 2 hours after we leave port.

As long as I have the family and our documents, everything else I can buy on ship or in port if I forget it and need it enough right?

Okay going to bed now to dream about red smokestacks....without Splendor type smoke coming out of them. :rolleyes:

You seem to have it all down pat! Good for you!

You might want to take some ginger pills with you to combat the nausea associated with motion sickness if you think it might be a factor. It calms the stomach with no side effects other than occasional ginger burp (which I actually kinda like... don't tell Stitch!).

Get used to the feeling that you have right now because it comes back for every cruise... I LOVE IT!

Remember, you're at sea... one of God's most amazing creations. Take some time to enjoy that singular fact. For a week you have no responsibilities... take that time to be a kid again. Dance like there's no one watching, sing like no one can hear and try a few things outside of your comfort zone...

Have a brilliant time!

:)

The BEST thing you did before cruising was to find Cruise Critic! :)

On my friend's first cruise, she was so sure she would get seasick that she actually DID become "seasick".....before the ship was even untied from the dock! LOL! It was all in her mind. She never had another problem with being seasick for the rest of the cruise.

I, on the other hand, am prone to seasickness. After 10 cruises, I developed a "system" that I use..... one Bonine at bed time, beginning the night before the cruise. Motion Eaze all natural oil behind the ears once or twice a day, if the seas are rough. And finally, I keep a couple of pieces of ginger GUM in my pocket on rough days. The ginger gum actually stops the nausea in its tracks for me. So you might want to pick up a pack of it at a large drug store, just in case. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I don't know if you can find Motion Eaze locally, but it is SAFE to use as a preventive for seasickness, and it really does help. (It just has a scent that you have to get used to. ;))

Now, stop worrying and just go and have a fabulous time! Then come home and book your next cruise. :D

You will be fine and have an awesome time!!! I do believe in the Bonine but it was only necessary when we cruised in Hurricane season and were unlucky :o If for some reason you take the Bonine and are a small person take only 1/2 of one with water and wait for about an hour and you'll be fine.

I felt the same way before our first cruise - anxious and nervous and excited.....worried that I would fall victim to seasickness. I took Gravol, Ginger Tabs and some other "just-in-case" stuff with me and I think I may have used one Ginger lozenge the whole time. I was definitely more "aware" of the motion on my first cruise than on the subsequent ones, but it didn't bother me in the least. Now I wish someone had invented a "cruise withdrawl" pill becasue I sure could use one right now !! Don't worry and HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME !

On our first cruise, I felt the same way. Just was NOT sure about the seasickness issue. So, I took a Bonine before I left the hotel on that morning of the cruise. I know that once you get naseauted - it's harder to get over it. I did this the first day of the cruise only - and by day 2 - I felt like I had my sea legs and no longer felt a need to take any more.

Even after several cruises, I always make sure we have the Bonine with us just in case. Don't wait until you ARE not feeling well. Any sign, take one. They will not make you drowsy.

And..................just enjoy. You will have a wonderful cruise !!

Archived