Navigator in Med. Confusion

Has anyone ever heard of this?? I have a cruise booked out of Rome on the Navigator next June for 7 days starting on June 5. It will also be picking up and dropping people off in Ephesus starting on June 2. So it appears to have 2 ports where people can get on and off in a 7 day cruise. I've never seen this before. Is it a European thing or is this a new thing? Anyone know???:confused:

Thanks...yes it is the same itinerary...Interporting....interesting!!!:) Should be quite a mix of different people.:)

I remember when they started booking this way this past summer. It was around the time we were making our reservations for next summer and I panicked a little when they took the itinerary off the website for awhile. That's when I talked to RCCL directly to straighten it out. There was actually an earlier thread about it.

But I'm wondering if the interporting is the reason why they were showing the ship as 75% booked when we reserved.

Be sure to post a review of your trip afterward. We'll be on it a few weeks after you.

It's a new thing called InterPorting. All very confusing - so the people that get on in Ephesus will stay on until it calls at Ephesus the following week. I guess it only works on ships that do the same itinerary every week.

It is not new. It was just never previously marketed to the US so it never appeared on our website and most US guests never knew about it. It is primarily a S. American/European thing as they have fewer laws restricting this sort of cruise.

Dear friends:

This practice has been going on in Europe and the Americas for years. Costa and MSC do it on virtually all of their itineraries. Ships that call at Barcelona, Marseilles, Genova, Rome, etc. in a week usually have people depart and board at each one of those major ports.

NCL does it with cruises starting at Barcelona and then going to Palma de Mallorca. You can board at either port.

There is a cruise marketed to Latin Americans that starts in Colón, Panamá and then goes to Cartagena, Colombia. The cruise allows boarding and departing at Cartagena every week for the Colombians.

One word of advice, though. Taking your cruise from one of the secondary ports is okay if you want a standard category cabin (inside, outside, balcony -- period). Don't expect to be able to book the Royal Suite from a secondary port, since the cruise line cannot set the special cabins out of sync from the regular itinerary.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Archived