Blue Iguanas and cocktails....

island lady

To all of you that have been to the Caymans....

Have you seen one of the Blue Iguanas there? They are supposed to be rare and the island is trying to make a come back of them.

Even more important is where to find the best bartenders that compete for the honor of the best "blue iguana" cocktail in their honor. Anyone know where to find that top bartender?? ;)

We had blue iguanas in Florida this past winter. It got so unusually cold, they turned blue (just kidding).

But when they do get very cold, they go into a hibernation/coma sort of state.

Some people went around picking them up and driving off in their cars with them.

As the iguanas warmed up in the person's cars, they came out of their trances, and changed colors again.

This time they were red and mad as hell.:D

We had blue iguanas in Florida this past winter. It got so unusually cold, they turned blue (just kidding).

But when they do get very cold, they go into a hibernation/coma sort of state.

Some people went around picking them up and driving off in their cars with them.

As the iguanas warmed up in the person's cars, they came out of their trances, and changed colors again.

This time they were red and mad as hell.:D

LOL!!! :D :D

Yeah, I can see that. Last year when we were in the Keys during that record cold snap, we saw many in the canals that had gone coma and fell into the water and drowned...poor things. Happy to report we saw many very healthy ones on our trip down there last week. I like the green ones the best too!

The Botanic Gardens have blue iguanas walking around, they are huge. Nice place to visit

Thanks so much, curacoaqueen! (Love your name...and the liquor too by the way!)

We will be sure to take a tour there. Will be too cold for us to snorkel in January, so taking a tour of the gardens will be just perfect! :D

Thanks so much, curacoaqueen! (Love your name...and the liquor too by the way!)

We will be sure to take a tour there. Will be too cold for us to snorkel in January, so taking a tour of the gardens will be just perfect! :D

Thanks island lady,I like my name too, it won't be to cold for snorkling in January, we'll be there the first week of January diving and snorkling.

Thanks island lady,I like my name too, it won't be to cold for snorkling in January, we'll be there the first week of January diving and snorkling.

Probably won't be too cold for me, but my lizard skinned/sun loving DH who has lived down here in Florida for over 40 years shivers when the water temps get under 82. Hense the need to see the iquanas...I think they are relatives of his. :eek: ;)

Archived