When are upsell calls made?

susiesan

How do you find out online what cabins are still available? We have booked directly and have not used a travel agent. I'd like to find out if our category is completely booked or not. We are on Nautica from March 26th to May 10th!!

Lyn, how much snow do you have? Down the road only a couple of hours from you (London), we already have 55 inches.

You need to move north ;)

we have about 1 inch here it seems to go north of us or south of us, around the lake

Please do not send any here :D

Lyn

we have over a foot of snow, and it's still falling! How'd you get so lucky!?

Marain

Wow I guess I will not be going near you

I think most drops off in the lake before we get it :D

You need to move a few miles north;) or head to Florida for the winter

Lyn

You get to live in Vancouver AND you get the butler. Life is unfair.

I love to hear stories like this about wonderful upgrades. They allow us to dream. I would love to have a suite with a butler one day, but not badly enough to pay for it.

I think everyone should have the opportunity to cruise with a butler at least once. We deserve it!

And...if I was offered another upgrade in the future, I would pay for it. It's going to be tough enough to go back to a mainstream line...let alone NOT cruising with a butler! :D:D:D

I think everyone should have the opportunity to cruise with a butler at least once. We deserve it!

And...if I was offered another upgrade in the future, I would pay for it. It's going to be tough enough to go back to a mainstream line...let alone NOT cruising with a butler! :D:D:D

I am worried enough about cruising without a balcony, or even a window:eek: in March, let alone without a butler. We will really be roughing it this time.

I understand that in all cabins below the water line, if you order room service they bring you a bowl of gruel. I believe that we will have to make our own beds and scrub the toilet daily too. The washroom is down the hall and one floor up. ;)

On the other hand, while all the lower priced cabins are sold out, there are vacancies in all categories above B2. They just might have to put us into an OS suite. If you are going to dream, you may as well dream big. Why, I would even pay up to $250 pp for the privilege. :p

I am worried enough about cruising without a balcony, or even a window:eek: in March, let alone without a butler. We will really be roughing it this time.

I understand that in all cabins below the water line, if you order room service they bring you a bowl of gruel. I believe that we will have to make our own beds and scrub the toilet daily too. The washroom is down the hall and one floor up. ;)

On the other hand, while all the lower priced cabins are sold out, there are vacancies in all categories above B2. They just might have to put us into an OS suite. If you are going to dream, you may as well dream big. Why, I would even pay up to $250 pp for the privilege. :p

For $250pp I would do it to but I wouldn't count on it.

Marion

• 2 months later...

...nine days before sailing. I got an upsell call from the TA this morning to go from a category F inside to a C1 ocean view for $300 each for our cruise next week, Feb. 25 on Regatta. I took the offer. If I had booked the C1 initially it would have cost $1000 each more. I knew that 3 couples on our roll call had just canceled their cruise in the last week and that there might be some phone calls being made with offers. Now O can sell my inside to someone on the waitlist.

If they make you an offer to switch cruises, do they expect you to accept on the spot or give you, say, 24 hr? We are quite flexible, since we have booked Oceania air, but I would hate to have to say to DH "Oh, about our Caribbean cruise, dear, we will be going to Alaska instead."

We were given a day to decide if we wanted to move from an Eastern med to Western Med cruise. We took the offer.

Burm, did you receive a "good news" call from O yet?

No, we have heard nothing and still have not been assigned a cabin. Everything is wait listed except for the Owner's Suite.

3 weeks to go and we should be receiving our cruise docs any day. Maybe they will give us a cabin number, even though nothing appears online.

Burm

Can't wait to hear what you get. I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Where are you heading this time?

Cayman Islands

Cozumel

Belize

Guatemala

Roatan

Costa Maya

Key West

I can't wait to hear either. Well, they have to tell me within 21 days. :p:rolleyes:

I am glad I have a cabin for the TA next year.

Maureen, did you have a cabana last year? DH is wondering if it would be worth our while for the TA. I don't think we would get much use out of it, regardless of weather. We never sit for long. :)

No, we have heard nothing and still have not been assigned a cabin. Everything is wait listed except for the Owner's Suite.

3 weeks to go and we should be receiving our cruise docs any day. Maybe they will give us a cabin number, even though nothing appears online.

Here's a thread about the same problem another O passenger was having re: cabin number not showing up. This was just a day or two ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1358395

Good luck and here's hoping that you do NOT have to scrub your own toilet and get to bypass the gruel! :D

Here's a thread about the same problem another O passenger was having re: cabin number not showing up. This was just a day or two ago.

Good luck and here's hoping that you do NOT have to scrub your own toilet and get to bypass the gruel! :D

I got another upsell call today, 2 days before the cruise to move from the outside cat C to a concierge veranda A1 for $100 each. I took it.

Maybe someone from O has been lurking here, or I'm just special. ; )

Susie

You must be special. :) Congrats!

Two weeks to go and I still don't have a cabin or an offer. :(

Opp's, it is really 58 more days because we are spending 4 nights in Rome prior to the cruise. Silly huh? It makes it fun counting the days.:rolleyes::

I hear ya! We are doing the same thing and I have to stop myself and think how many for what event! Will you be staying extra in Venice? We will stay on for the week end. We figure if we spend the time and energy to get there, might as well make the best of it.

Archived