Cemetery beach?

GLCAS

Anyone know where this beach is and how far from the pier. We will be on Princess. How much for taxi form the pier? I heard that it has nice beach and snorkling close to the shore. We have my husband that would like the snorkling and my parents and I the beach. Good for all! :O:)

It's been a few years since we've been, and we are going back there in a couple of weeks. You can catch the bus for under 5.00. It's a few minutes away from the port but not a long trip. When we were there, there was a portapotty. Be sure and take water with you as there isn't anywhere to buy any at the beach. It was a nice sandy beach with snorkeling off the shore.

We went to Cemetery Beach October 09. Beautiful little beach and the day we were there, it was us and one other couple. There are trees to offer shade, beautiful sand and great snorkeling a little ways out over the reef. There are local buses that we caught for $2.50 or something like that each way. Do a search of this board for Cemetery Beach - should come up with a couple threads that mention the local buses - easy to catch from downtown near the pier. Here are a couple pictures.

1224324037_CemeteryBeach.jpg.ab37335b87a95a582f6069dd392342fd.jpg

1295363344_CemteryBeach2.jpg.6707f225cc1ecaa830f66b81fcd7f499.jpg

Went to Cemetery beach last July. Taxi fare is about $ 4 pp and takes 15 min to get there from port. I think it's in the north end of 7 Mile Beach. Nice beach with shady trees, though somewhat bizarre walking by graves on one side of the narrow public entrance. No vendors/shops around to get cold refreshments or provide anything you could need.

There is a small reef some 50 yards from the shore. Just bring your towel and a backpack with supplies and enjoy a free, unspoiled, beautiful beach.

Archived